Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across this 2 1/2 years ago at a motel in BFW(the tool that is). Curious, I asked the maintenance man what he intended to do with it. Nothing he replied you can have it. I gave him a couple bills anyway.
    I'll put it to use this week.
    Attached Files

Re: 141

What is it? Pipe die? Nice find for a few bucks.

As an electrician, all I notice is the shoddy wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by johncameron View Post
      What is it? Pipe die? Nice find for a few bucks.

As an electrician, all I notice is the shoddy wiring.
      It's for threading 2.5" through 4" pipe. New they are north of $2,500.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        It's for threading 2.5" through 4" pipe. New they are north of $2,500.

Mark
        So the 4" pipe acts as a sleeve to guide the weight while you thread the 2.5" pipe?

I do my share of threading pipe, but only 10' sticks of conduit on the ground.

Comment

It's a geared threader. The pipe is usually in a vise and you use something like a 300 with a drive shaft to power the threader. Some will also use a hand threader with an adapter but that is a bunch of work.

Mark

Comment

To run the 141 with a 700 you need a head that has a socket that fits over the lug in the threader (instead of the standard 12R head), using it is a bit of a work out. I used to have a drive shaft for the 300. For the life of me, I don't know where it is. I still have a soil puller for ty seal though.

Comment

Thanks for explaining. Wow, I wouldn't dream of hand threading anything that big.

Comment

takes a little more than 62 seconds to thread the big stuff.

not sure if there is enough time in the day to make it a roundup event.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I had my 141 rebuilt to better than brand new and then only cut a dozen or so 4" threads with it. Now I have a 141, a new drive bar and my stands but I cannot find my drive shaft. It's an odd enough duck I doubt an employee walked off with it.

Mark

Comment

Cut a thread with it on some 3". I thought it turned out great.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That was a sweet deal. I lost ours when I loaned it out.

Comment

Originally posted by johncameron View Post
                        So the 4" pipe acts as a sleeve to guide the weight while you thread the 2.5" pipe?

I do my share of threading pipe, but only 10' sticks of conduit on the ground.
                        Guess you never threaded any ridgid conduit larger than 2" then.

Its for pipe sizes 2-1/2" up to 4".
                        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          It's a geared threader. The pipe is usually in a vise and you use something like a 300 with a drive shaft to power the threader. Some will also use a hand threader with an adapter but that is a bunch of work.

Mark
                          make sure you have that 300 and your pipe vise anchored down and be using a dead mans switch/foot pedal. I've watched more than one set up twist and turn itself to death when it bound up and the idiot put a brick on the foot pedal 'cause he thought he had something that was more important that couldn't wait.
                          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I don't have much to work with on this one. The second photo is the bathroom above. Supplies are in the wall, if exposed , I still wouldn't have enough room to spin a wrench.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X