Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billing for aggravation factor

Billing for aggravation factor

OK it's time for another aggravation factor rant ...

Old mobile home (pretty siding and laminate floors) axles buried First plumber says "I aint goin under that thing" I say hey no problem I will "fix your problem" for X amount of $$$ customer agrees Ran a new line from kitchen sink across under AC Ducts and tie into 3" soft pipe .... Crawling involved exhaling , turning head sideways and squeeezing slowly and patiently in then out to get work done .

Wife writes check , 3 hours later I get the call "Hey that was too much for that" I will be meeting with him next week to smooth things over. (There are so many issues wrong with the rest of the drainage system that I am sure I will have to fix something for free down the road)

So basically I threw ($100 included in estimate) onto the bill to cover "aggravation factor" is that too much to ask ?

I told them I guarentee your problem is fixed for one year is that not what we do ?

Re: Billing for aggravation factor

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post

Old mobile home (pretty siding and laminate floors) axles buried First plumber says "I aint goin under that thing" I say hey no problem I will "fix your problem" for X amount of $$$ customer agrees Ran a new line from kitchen sink across under AC Ducts and tie into 3" soft pipe .... Crawling involved exhaling , turning head sideways and squeeezing slowly and patiently in then out to get work done .

Wife writes check , 3 hours later I get the call "Hey that was too much for that" I will be meeting with him next week to smooth things over. (There are so many issues wrong with the rest of the drainage system that I am sure I will have to fix something for free down the road)

So basically I threw ($100 included in estimate) onto the bill to cover "aggravation factor" is that too much to ask ?

I told them I guarentee your problem is fixed for one year is that not what we do ?
    Well I would explain what Hell You went through . Than say You'll, return $50.00 ,if they both do the following. They both crawl under their mobile home from front to back. You'll hand them each $25.00, as each exit ! If You post pictures I'll mail You $10.00 , SCOUTS HONOR ! Anybody else want to kick in the remaining $40.00 ??
    Last edited by toolaholic; 12-07-2013, 09:59 AM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Just the word Trailer !!
      would make the aggravation cost go up

Comment

Price was agreed upon before the work started. That's the whole advantage to flat rate. Those kind of people sound like the ones that go to a restaurant, order everything in sight and after they're nice and full start to worry about the bill and look at prices.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You guys got something started ... LOL the other plumber can't fit ... I'm 5'7" 168 pounds ... LOL

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Well I would explain what Hell You went through . Than say You'll, return $50.00 ,if they both do the following. They both crawl under their mobile home from front to back. You'll hand them each $25.00, as each exit ! If You post pictures I'll mail You $10.00 , SCOUTS HONOR ! Anybody else want to kick in the remaining $40.00 ??

Comment

100 $ was being nice my friend.Hats off to you for going underneath the trailer when the other guys would' nt.Trailors are always fun , especially when you get all the way underneath to where u need to be, then realize u forgot a fitting and then crawl back out to the truck.

Comment

Maybe
              Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post

Maybe,have them clear out snakes and other critters out first,remove the dangling liner,drain all standing water,both withen/deepen access or raise trailor,then you might adjust price.But in real life maybe drop $10-15 dollars off any next service call if any.

Comment

What Mr. Tool said and in addition:

- price was agreed upon
                - aggravation is always more
                - you were the only one to provide service

they want something for nothing. trailer people piss me off
                ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

^^^Man punky, u made me spit my pop out my nose!!!

Comment

i call it like i see it. we have a trailer TOWN nearby. full of aholes in throw-away housing.

"WHAAAAAATTTTT!!! At Valu the part is only $30! YOU'RE TOO EXPENSIVE!!! *click* "

That should be my new signature...
                    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

You know what I told the last customer who said that? I came in a 10 k truck with 14k worth of tools and equipment , 2k worth of stock and im here, 11:00 at night .Freezing freaking cold , tired , hungry and sick& im the only one who answered the phone .I can give two f*cks about how much the part cost , you're not paying me for my part, youre paying me for my knowledge. I have to crawl on my hands &knees , my back & stomach in your crawl space and unfreeze your pipes and do the repair.You dont want me to do it ? No problem, my plumbing works fine at home.I dont have to be here .....That was Wednesday night and hes my new customer.lol

Comment

He told me "I like you". Lol

Comment

Don't bother going back. Husband can't fix the wife's decision to spend money. If it was an agreed price there's no discussion. If you're a pushover then they'll get money back, probably won't use you again and they'll scam the next willing soul.

My price structure just at the start of the phone call stops them all when it comes to those living in trailers. And then you get that one person that wants you to wait for payment till their SSI comes in.

Payment upon completion. Think about all the customers you worked for in 2004; how many are you actually working for today, 10%?

We're all replaceable and even doing a good job doesn't make you bulletproof. Sometimes I install toilets, customer supplied and they want me to do warranty work on the toilet even though I didn't 1. supply the product 2. have the responsibility to do so and 3. Trying to whittle my profit margin down and I don't budge.

I can afford to lose a customer that wants to take advantage of the willingness, good will. I can lose all of them because it's obvious I come in at the top for well respected plumbers. Will NOT give my time to anyone unless I'm compensated for it.

You get enough years in this biz and you'll know this logic, quickly...
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

You did it correctly & for the quoted price what's there to talk about. Tell them sir you are right I have miscalculated the price for preforming the repair for you. I did not realize how much time & effort I was going to have put in after preforming your repair. I think I am due another $200.00 at this point should I be required to put in more time I am going to need more.

Comment

Stay away from trailers. Not that multimillion dollar homes don't have cheap owners but I like my odds there better.

David

Comment

Working...
                              X