Calling all pro press gurus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all pro press gurus

Just bid a little TI that has some wet side piping to relocate. Checked out with Viaga whether I can use Pro Press. They said sure, so that's how I bid it.
    I have one question.
    Does one need to buy larger fiberglass insulation fittings to fit over the pipe fitting joints?

Re: Calling all pro press gurus

You could remove a small amount of insulation just in the fitting area.

Comment

I could, but that's going to look kind of hokey. I think I'll bring along some 1/2" wall with an id about 1/2" larger than the pipe od. Between that and these I should be good to go.

Comment

Isn't the straight lengths of fiberglass insulation ridgid and the 90s just a shell with loose glass wrapped in?

The 90s are a longer radius than your traditional swet fittings. The o ring ridge shouldn't make a difference with loose fill fiberglass.

With foam insulation, i just use a little black electrical tape stretched tight to help secure the 90s.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          Isn't the straight lengths of fiberglass insulation ridgid and the 90s just a shell with loose glass wrapped in?
          Rick.
          You're probably right in reference to the 90s and tees. What about couplings?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
            You're probably right in reference to the 90s and tees. What about couplings?
            You're right, Rick's correct about the 90's and tee's. What I've done with the couplings on 1/2" wall thickness fiberglass is to just take a sharp utility knife and take little bit of the fiberglass off at the coupling. It peels a little bit like an onion. Layers. So you can take just part of the sidewall but not all of it. A new sharp blade is very helpful. Good luck!
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
              You're right, Rick's correct about the 90's and tee's. What I've done with the couplings on 1/2" wall thickness fiberglass is to just take a sharp utility knife and take little bit of the fiberglass off at the coupling. It peels a little bit like an onion. Layers. So you can take just part of the sidewall but not all of it. A new sharp blade is very helpful. Good luck!
              Thanks, Gino. That's pretty much what I figured we'd do. Now, if we get the job, I'll send pictures.

BTW: Did you know that Nibco Pro Press fittings are rated to 210 degrees?

Comment

Working...
              X