Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this is what the tile guy left for me.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: this is what the tile guy left for me.........

Now, that would definitely raise an electrician's ire.
    Unlike ignorance, stupidity can't be fixed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	d98969f4e3f251c8752b252d37b41522.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	18105[/QUOTE]

Comment

W.T.F. !! Musta Been a freekin GC !!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Nice ! Low bidder
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by MR.FUDD View Post
          Bluecan this is why I said in another thread most tile guys are HACKS.
          Sorry it's still a meaningless statement. On the tile form I'm on I've seen several posts and photos by tile guys on hack plumbers work. Not enough data to back up this claim.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_can View Post
            Sorry it's still a meaningless statement. On the tile form I'm on I've seen several posts and photos by tile guys on hack plumbers work. Not enough data to back up this claim.
            How much data do you need? The "tile guy" left a condition which is unacceptable. If there was a problem that needed to be addressed prior to his work, it was his responsibility to advise the owner.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              How much data do you need? The "tile guy" left a condition which is unacceptable. If there was a problem that needed to be addressed prior to his work, it was his responsibility to advise the owner.

Mark
              I'm referring to the general claim that "most" (whatever that means in terms of percentage/actual numbers) tile guys are hacks. I'm not referring to the specifics of this thread.

Comment

I won't say they're hacks. I will say that in 40 years I can only recall one tile guy who pointed out a possible problem before he buried it. And, he did it out of the respect for my father.

Comment

I did a project in Nevada where the "tile guy" installed 200 cultured marble wall surrounds and pans. The units looked great but there was minimal leaking and cracking in about 5% of the homes. I did a preliminary destructive testing where I just opened some drywall in an adjoining closet to see what was going on. To my surprise there was no tile flange installed between the wall surround and the pan. At the time I made the statement there was no way these were UPC approved and felt there were likely imported from Mexico. I eventually DT'd 48-units and found flanges only on two units which were field installed which made them illegal. I also found they were made in Mexico and were not UPC or ASTM approved. The project was only 4-years old and all 200 homes needed new showers.

Mark
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ToUtahNow; 01-02-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Haha. When asked for a price to pull and reset a toilet, I always give the caveat, "depends on what's underneath."
                    Here is a picture for you. the homeowner asked me to pull the toilet so they could have the bathroom floor "redone". I put a cap on the cut-off so the tile guy would not get grout in it as they are wont to do. What you see is the cap! He completely covered up the rest of the cut-off including the handle!
                    Attached Files
                    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      I did a project in Nevada where the "tile guy" installed 200 cultured marble wall surrounds and pans. The units looked great but there was minimal leaking and cracking in about 5% of the homes. I did a preliminary destructive testing where I just opened some drywall in an adjoining closet to see what was going on. To my surprise there was no tile flange installed between the wall surround and the pan. At the time I made the statement there was no way these were UPC approved and felt there were likely imported from Mexico. I eventually DT'd 48-units and found flanges only on two units which were field installed which made them illegal. I also found they were made in Mexico and were not UPC or ASTM approved. The project was only 4-years old and all 200 homes needed new showers.

Mark
                      By the way, the other defect in the showers was the finish height of the dam was only 1.5" above the shower drain.

Mark

Comment

Do we ever take into consideration the engineering drawings that are given to the tillers to follow. maybe the hacks are from another discipline or maybe not...................!!!

I always thank God for the opportunity to be in the Company of so-called intellectuals.

Comment

Working...
                        X