RJS Tech - Set Fast Closet Bolts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RJS Tech - Set Fast Closet Bolts

I do a "dry set" first to determine the shims needed trace around toilet with lumber crayon pull toilet place thin set , set toilet slide in shims ...finish off thin set with damp sponge

after thin set cures about 2+ days you can wipe and finish off with caulk ... or lust leave alone (Rockite good after 24 Hrs)

Comment

Doesn't the thinset make it next to impossible to remove? Even tile grout is difficult when it contains acrylic.

Caulking forced under the edge will fill and seal the void, along with make the waterproof, sanitary seal .

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

U Sir are right but .. I do this for rentals with LARGE tenants ... and yes I use the premixed Latex modified in a pot ..

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        Doesn't the thinset make it next to impossible to remove? Even tile grout is difficult when it contains acrylic.

Caulking forced under the edge will fill and seal the void, along with make the waterproof, sanitary seal .

Rick.

Comment

I have tried them. About $4/pair here at supply house. They work as advertised and stay put well. I prefer the Blue Monster bolts though. $2 and break easy and I can see for sure that they did not rotate when tightening: Closet Bolts - Blue Monster Advantage Closet Bolts

Comment

Now those blue monster bolts look slick. I'll have to check those out.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
            X