RJS Tech - Set Fast Closet Bolts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJS Tech - Set Fast Closet Bolts

I'm wondering who is using the RJS Tech - Set Fast Closet Bolts and if so, what your opinion is? I've sent Ray an email asking if they will have any when we go to the Flow Expo.

http://www.rjstechllc.com/setfast_card.pdf

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: RJS Tech - Set Fast Closet Bolts

Mark, I tried them out and they worked as advertised... The problem with them is they were 6 bucks a pair so I decided I could continue cutting standard bolts myself and put the extra five bucks in my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
      Mark, I tried them out and they worked as advertised... The problem with them is they were 6 bucks a pair so I decided I could continue cutting standard bolts myself and put the extra five bucks in my pocket.
      Same as okiebill

Comment

They were supposed to send out a sample years ago and never got it. They just seem pricey and can't really justify that cost.

Comment

they worked good but for the price I just stick to regular bolts. If I find tall bolt caps I'm buying them and never cutting bolts again

Comment

AW COME ON........... Does everything we do have to be FAST

Look, I have quick set toilet bolts, they saved me 47 seconds. Now I have time to writhe that novel.
            sigpic

Comment

Concur with everyone else. Tried them and found no big advantage to them. Maybe worth something to a commercial guy installing 500 toilet on one job but for many of us it's to much.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

hate to think how many closet bolts I have tiny timed off. if they're truly 6.00 a set, that's more than the wax, bolts, caps, feed line and caulking combined. heck I could buy a new tiny time hacksaw on each toilet and still be ahead.

way to spendy for something I've done 10,000+ times.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Agree with everybody here. Great idea but too expensive, can't justify the cost. If I bought every neat idea, tools and other products like these bolts, my shop would bursting at the seams. We only have so much room.

David

Comment

Well, that's one new product I won't worry about. Thanks guys for saving me the trouble.

Comment

They actually look good ...

Hey what do we charge to set a toilet ? $6.00 is NOT that bad

anyone use these ? (ignore the price LOL)

Toilet Bolts with Open Cap Nuts, 2 3/8" (PP835-19) at Aubuchon Hardware

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
                        They actually look good ...

Hey what do we charge to set a toilet ? $6.00 is NOT that bad

anyone use these ? (ignore the price LOL)

Toilet Bolts with Open Cap Nuts, 2 3/8" (PP835-19) at Aubuchon Hardware
                        That's funny. The reason I started this thread was because I found a thread from 2009 asking about plastic closet bolts. In that thread they were discussing the Set Fast Closet Bolts as an alternative.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark I will be the different one in this thread. We started using these bolts around two years ago. After using them a few times I decided that we will not be using the normal brass bolts ever again. Most of what I was using before I switched was a 1/4" brass bolt. These seem to do a better job than a standard 1/4" bolt. I pay under $4 a set for them but even if they were twice that much it still would still be worth it to almost never have to cut a bolt off in an awkward spot again.

I can bring some down to the show if you want to see them.

Comment

Anybody else embed the closet base onto a bead of thin set ? (Tile Floor)

The nylon holds great and after the thin set cures toilet IS pretty solid ...

I used Rockite for a set at a customers rental yesterday I call the Landlord and said " Toilet aint goin No where" ... LOL

Comment

Do you shim the toilet first or does the thinset fill in the gaps on it's own? How long until you can use the toilet? Do you still caulk it?
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X