Eichler slab hydronic leak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eichler slab hydronic leak

Doing elec. work for one of My best customers . She happens to mention Her large water and gas bill. I hear the dollar amounts ,and say I'll take a look. Now I live a few blocks away ,own an Eichler. and have repaired My own
    Hydronics and fixed leaks on others, all copper ! Earlier systems had steel and It's not repairable. I pulled the concrete
    water box vault lid , opened the meter cover , and the diamond was spinning slowly. No one home , flappers not leaking. Irrigation off. shut the boiler feed off. Bingo , dead stop ! Have American Leak coming tomorrow 1 st thing.
    Opps, I didn't check to see If boiler lines into slab are copper or steel ! Also, maybe I should involve Her homeowners Insurance, after We see what We have . I have a good Hydronics Guy to hand it off ,If it's more than a few copper leaks. Any Wisdom appreciated 1 Tanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Eichler slab hydronic leak

Doing everything right there tool. Just get Rick down with his leak set-up from the recent post. He will blitz it and being cheap it may only cost you a milk-shake or two.................!!!!!!!!!!!!

heheheheheheheheheeee

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Doing elec. work for one of My best customers . She happens to mention Her large water and gas bill. I hear the dollar amounts ,and say I'll take a look. Now I live a few blocks away ,own an Eichler. and have repaired My own
      Hydronics and fixed leaks on others, all copper ! Earlier systems had steel and It's not repairable. I pulled the concrete
      water box vault lid , opened the meter cover , and the diamond was spinning slowly. No one home , flappers not leaking. Irrigation off. shut the boiler feed off. Bingo , dead stop ! Have American Leak coming tomorrow 1 st thing.
      Opps, I didn't check to see If boiler lines into slab are copper or steel ! Also, maybe I should involve Her homeowners Insurance, after We see what We have . I have a good Hydronics Guy to hand it off ,If it's more than a few copper leaks. Any Wisdom appreciated 1 Tanks Tool
      I've been using (referring) American leak detection for 15 or so years,,,,,, A couple of months ago they missed 2 in a row in 1 week.
      One by 7ft one by 10ft.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
        Doing everything right there tool. Just get Rick down with his leak set-up from the recent post. He will blitz it and being cheap it may only cost you a milk-shake or two.................!!!!!!!!!!!!

heheheheheheheheheeee
        Rick is the MAN ! But about 500 miles away !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
          I've been using (referring) American leak detection for 15 or so years,,,,,, A couple of months ago they missed 2 in a row in 1 week.
          One by 7ft one by 10ft.
          I'm up at 2:45 AM worried It's Freekin STEEL panel !! I'll boot over there Early to see. If steel ,I'll cancel American Leak ! Turn it over to this good Honest Hydronics Guy I know ,and step away! Won't even charge charge them ! When We did a big project ,they tipped each of My Guys $100.00 each !

Comment

If you want to try it without a leak detector or pipe locator, its still pretty straight forward. Pump air into the line with the water still on. Let the air pressure slightly overcome the water pressure. This will cause it to bubble and being close to the surface, you should be able to hear the bubbling. Of course with an ir thermometer, you should be able to home into the area of the leak. A flir camera should be able to see the grid and heat pattern.

Rick
            phoebe it is

Comment

Well American leak detection of San Rafael Ca. came out. Nice sharp Young Man named Mike . I told Him it was a hydronic line. He got to work and in No time He found it. I was wrong. It was the Hot domestic water line. Both boiler feed and water heater feed are on a full port valve. He left, and I jackhammered the slab. Spot on His LOCATE! 3/4" SOFT COPPER Wire mesh pushed down bottom of pour and touching copper. I'm never surprised , It's always that way , unless we do the pour.Cut out section and Silver soldered it all. The Gal Amy in the office , was patient with Me when I canceled earlier in the week. Doesn't get any better than this Local american leak detection.

Comment

Working...
              X