The things we become accustom to

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The things we become accustom to

So I've been working out of a 1992 dodge w 350 fully four bye four the last year and a half or so, it has an aluminum 12' cube box on the back gets 20 mpg fully loaded and hasn't left me stranded even once besides the first day I bought it and ran out of fuel "gauge doesn't work" brought it home from work and noticed a pool of oil after further investigation realized my main rear seal had failed "330099" km to took it to local garage got quote decided putting a rebuilt transmission in probably made sense of course road closures ect set me back a couple more days. So I've been working out of my 2003 ram 2500 short box it took about two service calls to remember why I bought a cube truck. I almost fear getting any calls right now I hate working out of a regular truck can't Bellevue I did for as long as I did. Can't wait to get my old cummins back. What do you guys drive? I hate not having what I need I see a lot of other plumbers in the area working out of Toyota tacomas not sure how I could ever do that. Do you bill if you have to run to your shop or wholesaler it seems unprofessional to go install a kitchen faucet and get there to realize the drain baskets needs replacing and you don't have two ?

Re: The things we become accustom to

My truck is a 2011 chevy express,,,,,,the shorter wheelbase,,,,,,,,whenever I have to replace a water heater,,,,,

It's like trying to fit a size 12 foot into a size 6 boot,,,,,, If you take something off the truck you will surely need it for your next call,,,',

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead plumber View Post
      It's like trying to fit a size 12 foot into a size 6 boot,,,,,, If you take something off the truck you will surely need it for your next call,,,',
      most likely A person could have a 40 foot trailer pulled by a semi and it would end up being the same thing, you would be out of room, if you want to add any thing,

I do not know how many people put up a shop/machine shed, and they think they have sized it for there maximum dreams, and in a few years there talking about how nice it would be to have another building, as the one they put up was full, and there was not any room left in it,

It just seems like in a short time one fills there spaces,
      Last edited by BHD; 02-05-2014, 10:27 AM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Well put, BHD. I believe you just described a corollary to Parkinson's Law.
        "Storage requirements will increase to meet storage capacity."
        Last edited by Plumbus; 02-06-2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X