Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Nice to live and work in an old neighborhood , circa 1958 . No clean outs , as built. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to live and work in an old neighborhood , circa 1958 . No clean outs , as built.

Well, we installed a clean out 4 Ft. deep Yesterday in compacted clay , hard as a whores heart ! Had Murphy camera and locate. Then ,Being the Nut I am ,I do this. I use My borzit with an 1 1/4 " bit and bore cheese holes till I hit the Gold [ Clay Lateral ] . The water feature Helps. Than with My Elec makita 47 Lb. Jack Hammer Oscar the Muscle Man digs His Heart out ! I then do "the Rick H cut with My 4" diamond blade grinder. I now do the ABS double clean out with fernco's. Trash can of gravel ,Under pipe and over a bitt. Than fill with dirt compacting with Jack hammer foot every foot. That was Fri . Today one street over ,It was 91ft out at curb. 5 ft deep, and We keep the holes small ,about 3 ft square ! It was tight ,doing cut out and Plumb in ! Mon. I have another ! Tue. Hot Mop roof Job. Wed Garage storage system , and door repairs. I thrive on variety of work , About Murph, Awesome Dude . cameras, written report ,cd
    locates. $150.00 He really cares to get it right. Has a pro built camera and locator. stays very busy with Realtors
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Nice to live and work in an old neighborhood , circa 1958 . No clean outs , as bu

I sometimes use my gas auger post hole digger and bore 8" holes to soften it up. With an extension I could go 4' deep by myself.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Nice to live and work in an old neighborhood , circa 1958 . No clean outs , as bu

Wow, 3' x 3' x 5 feet deep. Then you're working in this hole presumably
      down in the bottom of the hole on your knees so your head is below grade
      by a foot or more.

Guess you are digging is some really hard soil or stable rock.

Otherwise you could be digging your own grave.

Pucker factor must be about .85 (1.00 = your gonna get hurt or killed for sure).
      Are you there by yourself or do you at least have a witness there who can tell
      the Rescue Crew where to start digging.

Be careful down there.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob this clay ain't going no where ! I'm a Lil chit 5ft. 9" . Hard to get dat 2nd. fernco coupling on crouched like Monkey Man! My wife thinks Fuk*nlandscpers is one
        word ! They struck again on this job. There was an old clean out where I cut out the spot repair. What we found about 3 ft deep was a clay hub full of dirt! No cap or plug. Years ago the landscrapers mustta wanted to make it pretty !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          I sometimes use my gas auger post hole digger and bore 8" holes to soften it up. With an extension I could go 4' deep by myself.

Rick.
          Great idea ! I'll check the rental yards for a used one. I do have a large back hoe , but that's for serious work.

Comment

Working...
          X