LA trade show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA trade show

So, how was it? Anything new jump out at you as useful in the trade?

Re: LA trade show

Bought nothing but lunch and dinner. Did some catching up with old contacts from the past. Met some new members and non members. Had lunch with 16 others and not 1 person ordered a beer. 1 milk shake and 1 root beer float along with 3 ice cream sundays were served. And I wasn't the only 1 with the sweet tooth.

Between parking, dining and the hotel room for the night, I was out close to $300. That beats the times I left 30k and 50k behind.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I enjoyed it but meeting the guys from the forum really helped. What was useful? Here's a few I saw that may be old to the reader but was new to me....

The picote chain cutter. The permaliner rep says that he uses it to cut the excess off if they overshoot and end up in the main. It was designed to remove scale and imo is the new evolution in drain cleaning. Can NOT believe it doesn't get more press.

Being able to see the different products first hand. We always read specs but you can't always judge quality from a computer screen....you gotta put your hands on it. An example is Ridgid cameras. Other cameras might match them spec wise but from finish and quality to rep knowledge, ridgid was the best cameras out there. Unfortunately this had a flip side.....I saw what companies and distributors I want nothing to do with although I heard good things about them. Also was able to compare products side by side. Looking for a monitor and was leaning heavily towards the CS6 but after seeing it(I do alot of rooftop inspections) am now rethinking the dvd pack is the monitor I should get.

The soldersnake by knucklehead is a heat shield during soldering. Could I make it? Probably but was very cool to meet the man who makes everyone of them and I can respect the quality he put into it. Ended up buying 2 but I think I should've bought a few more. The guy said he can make any size you want.

Extendobed. A sliding tray that can hold 3k lbs extended. Very interest and I can see alot of useful applications for this. How cool would it be it have a skid jetter slide out the side of a step van? Hmmmm.....ideas ideas.

Sliding no hub coupling. For a house plumber like myself, doesn't do a whole lot but for maybe a big commercial job, it would be a big time saver.

Spartan had special jetter hose....looked like 1/16 poly hose kinda with a ball on the end. Only good for 900 psi but thought it was interesting.

I learned how to video record with my CA300....i know I should be able to read the book but it came so much easier with the ridgid guys walking my through this. Also learned about line tracing....never knew about it.

BTW Ridgid.....if you're reading this (Hi Fred) why aren't you showcasing the root ranger? Wasn't at the Ridgid booth and no display of it. You got the best jetter nozzle out there and you're not telling plumbers about it and are missing a big opportunity.

BTW Ridgid Max....don't forget.....the special auger and the ball skid idea I told you about.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

That's what I'm talking about.

My being a construction guy, the one thing you mentioned that tweaked my curiosity is the Sliding NH coupling. Got to look into that.
        Wish I'd have been there. I would have ordered a beer or at least a glass of red. ;-)))
        Thanks, Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          I enjoyed it but meeting the guys from the forum really helped. What was useful? Here's a few I saw that may be old to the reader but was new to me....

The picote chain cutter. The permaliner rep says that he uses it to cut the excess off if they overshoot and end up in the main. It was designed to remove scale and imo is the new evolution in drain cleaning. Can NOT believe it doesn't get more press.

Being able to see the different products first hand. We always read specs but you can't always judge quality from a computer screen....you gotta put your hands on it. An example is Ridgid cameras. Other cameras might match them spec wise but from finish and quality to rep knowledge, ridgid was the best cameras out there. Unfortunately this had a flip side.....I saw what companies and distributors I want nothing to do with although I heard good things about them. Also was able to compare products side by side. Looking for a monitor and was leaning heavily towards the CS6 but after seeing it(I do alot of rooftop inspections) am now rethinking the dvd pack is the monitor I should get.

The soldersnake by knucklehead is a heat shield during soldering. Could I make it? Probably but was very cool to meet the man who makes everyone of them and I can respect the quality he put into it. Ended up buying 2 but I think I should've bought a few more. The guy said he can make any size you want.

Extendobed. A sliding tray that can hold 3k lbs extended. Very interest and I can see alot of useful applications for this. How cool would it be it have a skid jetter slide out the side of a step van? Hmmmm.....ideas ideas.

Sliding no hub coupling. For a house plumber like myself, doesn't do a whole lot but for maybe a big commercial job, it would be a big time saver.

Spartan had special jetter hose....looked like 1/16 poly hose kinda with a ball on the end. Only good for 900 psi but thought it was interesting.

I learned how to video record with my CA300....i know I should be able to read the book but it came so much easier with the ridgid guys walking my through this. Also learned about line tracing....never knew about it.

BTW Ridgid.....if you're reading this (Hi Fred) why aren't you showcasing the root ranger? Wasn't at the Ridgid booth and no display of it. You got the best jetter nozzle out there and you're not telling plumbers about it and are missing a big opportunity.

BTW Ridgid Max....don't forget.....the special auger and the ball skid idea I told you about.
          Ben, believe me, you want the cs6 over the dvdpak, especially on a rooftop. Remember, I have them both and the dvd pak was my go to unit for 3 years straight. Now it hasn't been out of the truck for 3 months. Not only is the cs6 less expensive, its all digital. I can take snap shots and video all at the same time.the battery last much longer and you will never lose a recording.

I present, email professional reports to all parties and keep an original on my computer and usb stick. I can copy and paste the entire video onto their computer in a couple minutes with all the photos. I can send an hq professional looking report by email to anyone with an email address. Including the city inspectors.

Maybe you need me to do a heads up demo for you. You already know what i like to eat.

Win win for the cs6. Less cost and more features.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Something I forgot to mention.....milwaukee had a mini cordless leaf blower. How easy to clean the jobsite with one of those. Wish Dewalt had one.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Makita has had 1 for over a year. That's why milwukee has it. But its not for sale yet. That was a production model. Tried to buy it at the end of the show..

The makita unit is 99.00 without a battery.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Glad you L.A. guys could make it
                Wanted to meet the gang,,,
                Guess what? I had a Fat Job,,,had to take it,,,
                Thanks for the great input Rick and Ben,,,,
                I love that show and hate to miss it,,,
                Talk soon
                Dave Doyle
                Monrovia Ca