Moen snap on wide spread faucet hoses & fittings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moen snap on wide spread faucet hoses & fittings

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the Moen plastic snap together ends on hoses used for the wide spread faucets? There is also a plastic tee in the hose to mix hot and cold. Looks flimsy, but aren't they just as good (or just as bad) as pex systems, or even Sharkbite (relying on an O ring). I installed one today and wondering how long before a leak starts. Or, hey, maybe this is a great system?

Re: Moen snap on wide spread faucet hoses & fittings

so far so good. since the o-ring is a seal and is not rotating, it seems to hold up just fine.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

My faucet came with a little packet of silicone grease, but NO mention in the instructions where to apply it (I put some on the handles that screw in- they can be a B_____ to get out after a few years use). Anyway, I called Moen in Oakville, Ontario and they told me the grease was for the O ring on the stem that is screwed into the spout. They said "it could dry out". I thought even if it dried out- it never rotates anyway- just like Rick was saying.

Comment

Just don't install Moen and you have fewer quality worries.

David

Comment

Off topic but......I LOVE Moen...nothing better, faster, and easier to install than a #1225 cartridge in rental units! and they are FREE from Moen!

Comment

Moen has been our mainstay for years. Best warranty in the biz, IMO.
            Silicone will help ease the connection of the snap fittings.
            If you make the connection dry the O-ring may roll, causing a leak.

Comment

Working...
            X