No announcement yet.

Does a thicker ABS toilet flange exist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does a thicker ABS toilet flange exist?

During rough inspection they are looking for illegal offset flanges and properly secured flanges.

Of course they could always make 1 more inspection call and walk the job after the finished floors go in and the finished flange is installed prior to setting the bowl.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I think we have "stacker flanges" here I HATE 'em ! but they will get you past a rough spot

Originally posted by wookie View Post
      Set- rite makes a variety of spacers that might be what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        During rough inspection they are looking for illegal offset flanges and properly secured flanges.

Of course they could always make 1 more inspection call and walk the job after the finished floors go in and the finished flange is installed prior to setting the bowl.

Rick.
        Just before the toilet is set would be the perfect time to walk through for a final . I see low flanges every day, some days real low just screwed up

Comment

A plumber in my old local used to make what he called "the tile flange" they were great. He had a manufacturer that made them, but he had to have a minimum production run. He was selling them to local supply houses and was trying to go nationwide when his wife divorced him. He then had no money to devote to the business, so he just quit it. If I was smart, I would have bought the last case.

Comment

Sorry guys to stray on subject a bit but just picking up on a point. You guys mention inspections, can you elaborate a bit. Who pays for these as well.

We have a self-regulatory system down-under and sadly, when the roundup comes downunder, we are pegging our hopes on Aussie Bill using the jetter because we cant find any good apprentices to show off with.

Comment

The person who applies for the permit, typically the contractor pays for the inspection in permit fees. But ultimately the property owner foots the bill.

My #1 apprentice will be glad to show off her jetter skills.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X