Replacing moen cartriges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing moen cartriges

Yesterday ,I replaced two Moen 1200 cartrages , [shower and Lav. ] on a downstairs bath. This is a large home and this was a guest bath. Original fixtures 34 Years old. Needed pullers on both , frozen ! Valve bodies very grungy
    Never did this before. Using simple green and a small nylon brush ,I cleaned up both valve cavities. flushed with clean
    water ,put plumbers grease on new cartrages . Like new. Now, I read the label on the simple green and it seemed safe to use. Did I do wrong on this ? Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Replacing moen cartriges

You're good.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

If you got 'em out in one piece, that's impressive.

Comment

i just use a steel plumber's fitting brush to polish the inside of the valve body. then grease and pop the new one in. never had a problem.
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

yes, a 3/4'' copper fitting brush is all it takes.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I just did one of the pressure balance models .. Had a 30 minute fight and the side seals were shoved into the side slots !

Comment

Dont leave home without it

26+6=1

Comment

I like the ona puller and wrap scotchbrite on a 1/2" fitting brush, run it on a cordless drill and " polish " the valve body.

Comment

Just as an FYI Moen just sent out a letter with new Warranty requirements, they want a bit more information before just handing out parts
                  No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                    Just as an FYI Moen just sent out a letter with new Warranty requirements, they want a bit more information before just handing out parts
                    Please post it, didnt receive one.
                    ~~

Comment

Let me get to my office today

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                      Please post it, didnt receive one.
                      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

• MoJourneyman
                        MoJourneyman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Punky, I checked the paperwork I received and it is just an RMA form. I talked to our Moen rep and it seems to have very little effect on the end user, they can still call 1800buymoen to get cartridges, but if you go to do an exchange at your distributor they will need to call Moen for permission to do the exchange. We will see how long this actually lasts.

thanks.

i usually call on the behalf of my customer, if needed. moen doesnt like talking to me but i tell them, with a wink to the customer, that it's a little old lady/man who cant hear and yells all the time and refuses to touch a cell phone. i'd be happy to put them on if they want. they never want to talk to the customer so just deal with me.

I dont bother with exchanges for other things. dealing with a distributor is a PIA mostly. i 'play' a customer when i need to be one, the other scenario takes care of the rest.
                      ~~

Comment

Working...
                      X