Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discovered something that doesn't work too well.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Discovered something that doesn't work too well.

Viega makes a propress x pex connector fitting, been using them for a long time without a single failure. The fitting is a female press x pex female. You will have to use a short piece of pipe between the ball valve and the fitting. Viega makes these so they are compatible with the press valves. I don't care much for the uponor products, I have had failures with them. These fitting are for transitioning from copper to pex, very useful.

Comment

While we are on the discovery trail do you guys have to put an insert in for 50mm(2") copper tube. Apparently it is the only size that Veiga struggle with down here or so I am told. Amazing how I had to tell our suppliers about this instead of them telling me. God I was pissed................

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
        Geno I do this on a regular basis however there are two different male saucer x propress adaptors and yes the short ones won't work. Kind of Russian roulette as far as which ones the whole saker sells you I have had both half inch and three quarter male adaptors that would leak if crimped nothing as failed. Sorry to point the finger please don't take offence. But the problem was human error not fitting failure the adaptors are not long enough to bottom out in the propress if you had of pushed the propex adaptor till it bottomed out you would have close to 3/16" of the pex adaptor within the valve not allowing a proper wirsbo connection. I believe you pushed the adaptor to the begining of the pp adaptor. I only know this from experience I haven't had a batch of the short ones in quote some time I think it was the first few batches of lead free adaptors. But great topic and I'm always glad to hear warnings from other guys I usually use fip propress bye mip wirsbo adaptors to prevent warranty issues between the two manufactures where possible.
        Seany,

The adapters are bottomed out, and there's a consistent gap of about 1/8" between the end of the PP socket and the stop on the Uponor fitting. Tomorrow, I'll take a minute, cut one of them apart to see if the failure mode is obvious.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

[QUOTE=PLUMBER RICK;414220]That might be your issue. You're using 2 different brands and they're goint to point the finger at each other.

I use viega and haven't had an issue with fitting adapters x press.

?? Rick, Are you using Viega Pex? I Use Viega valves and put a Uponor insert into the valve. I only had one fail, but that was because I was using a Rems pressing tool and it was do for service, and I didn't realize it.
          "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

No pex. Just viega copper press fittings.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Still no pex in California ??

Comment

pex is legal in calif. I just don't use it at this time. I can only think of 1 project I work at that has pex in it. they have an in house maintenance staff for the 200 plus units. all copper in the parking structure and pex in the walls.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

• NHMaster3015
                  NHMaster3015 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No PEX yet? What are you, some kind of old school dinosaur? LOL. We must keep up with progress mustn't we? After all, everyone is using it and its code approve so................. There's a word I'm searching for. I believe it starts with an H and ends with E and the first five letters describe a big, fat, ugly creature with a huge mouth and a nasty disposition lol
              Working...
              X