Sloan automatic flushometer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloan automatic flushometer

Had some trouble with these today. Installed a dozen or so in a commercial building and had a tough time getting the actuator to seal properly with the body. This is the flush o meter with the strap wrench included in the box. Some seemed to seal right away where others had to be screwed and unscrewed multiple times. Anyone else have any trouble with these? If so what did you do?

Re: Sloan automatic flushometer

We give the SLOAN the big A. Zurn all the way. Never put a wrench near them in 20+++++++++years. I was told Zurn ripped off slaon but who cares, Zurn are motivated.

Comment

Try putting a little silicone on the threads to reduce friction. Do not use dope or teflon.

Comment

Silicone grease that is.

Comment

I gave up on Sloan when Toto came out with their piston operated valve.
          Adjust the flow with a small screw driver, if necessary.
          NO STAINED HANDS. NO CALL BACKS.
          JUST MONEY IN THE BANK.

Comment

Yeah wish I could have picked. The building bought them and hired us to install them. By the end they had two boxes full of different defective parts.

Comment

I have installed about 200 Optima Plus battery powered valves over the last few years. 0 defective parts. 0 call backs.

You have to guide the strap with your free hand to keep it from slipping. also, if the nub on the top of the diaphragm is not fully inserted into the top of the unit, you will get a leaker. I always insert the diaphragm into the sensor unit first and then drop it into the valve body.

I have no intention of switching to Toto. Parts are too tricky to find around me. Zurn is OK. Some of their rubber parts are actually better than sloan. I have a supply house 10 minutes from me that has every sloan part made. literally. Call me old fashioned, but l like my Sloan flush valves.

Comment

Working...
              X