Being a friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a friend

Well the pasta, mushrooms , peppers and chicken . are on the table. In ten minutes My love will be home.
    Phone call- ' kevin , My camera head separated somewhere in the sewer! I'm in a manhole down the street, to see if it passes by! ME_ I'll bring My maxi rooter 125 ft cable and retriever. Load up ,head next town over. Problem is He's 200 ft away! run lot so water, nothing. I do retrieve a small amount of wiring from the head. Another friend comes with 200 ft of cable and camera . We can see it in the street, and push to with in 4 ft of manhole. Long arm and sewer bar,SUCESS ! Charlie is happy,It's 9 pm! I set 2x8 ramps on pickup run 265 lb machine up and run one wheel off ! I'm on My arse on the concrete , then the 2x8 smashes Me in the teeth. some of the machine is on Me. call in the dark and the camera guy helps Me back up.Charlie and the other Guy are visible shaken looking at My face of blood. Tie down equept. Head home. thank god Mom is in Bed. I clean up my face, sneak in bed. I know she won't sleep ,If She sees Me. good news teeth are Ok. Most folks would have gotten stitches. time will heal it fine. tomorrow I'll set up ramps so they're
    safe. Still beats retirement for this Irishman
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Being a friend

glad you're safe watch out for infections.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Good to read that you are all right.Maybe a small hoist or come a long type setup would come in handy to have.

Comment

Holy crap man be careful. I want many more years of reading your posts.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yeah, some form of crane in the bed of the truck if you can swing it.

Glad you're not too seriously injured. Its good to keep working but got to remember
          some times you're going to need help with stuff you used to do alone.

Be safe out there.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Thanks Guys , this was a wake up call for the Old Man.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

BTW.....you know that never would've happened if you used a sectional.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

didn't you read ridgidrachels post about safety when using a k-60

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t45305/#post415040

next time kevin a jetter would have been pretty simple to flush it back to a manhole.

glad you're still got your choppers.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Glad to here you survived that one.

You can use Krazy Glue to hold things together instead of stitches.

That's what they did to my head a couple weeks ago when a tree hit me.

If I get time later I will tell that story it was funny.

I know what you are saying about the wife finding out.

That would have cost me a wasted trip to the ER.

Comment

Tool: It's good to read you're OK. From Hill Street Blues: "Let's be careful out there."
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Glad to hear you're ok
                      Last edited by sewermonster85; 04-13-2014, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Don't feel too bad buddy..I got whacked pretty darn hard in the forehead today .I had a three stooges moment , everything w entry black

Comment

Working...
                        X