No announcement yet.

B813

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys, east coast were the first to get mega press. that's propress for steel piping. out west we are the last to get it. so yes, it's a regional thing. just like no lead brass was first introduced here. with us trying to figure out why the flux is not working on it.

there is not a supply house around that doesn't stock propress out here. 10 years ago, it was just a few. today, everyone has it. even the smaller mom and pop shops. the supply house even has a rental machine just like they rent fusion equipment too.

and yes, i can solder with water dripping with real flux. as long as you have a valve open to vent. steam will not wash away the old flux, unless you allow the pressure to build up. and with a valve or tee open, it doesn't build up. 2 torchers will also hold back the water dripping. 1 for soldering and 1 for the water to stop flowing on you. and worse comes to worse, i would pre tin the pipe only. im not talking small bore either. i routinely worked on 4''- 6'' copper and still have dozens of fittings from 4-6'' still sitting. including the odd 5'' sizes.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Much trepidation about Mega Press here. I have not yet found any major shops willing to give it a try for gas or oil piping. Hell, most of us won't touch CSST with a 10' pole. Land of the conservatives I guess,
      sigpic

Comment

I see the press tools being rented regularly. I have used 2 torches many times for controlling water/steam, it works very well. Now I use 0 torches.................

David

Comment

• NHMaster3015
          NHMaster3015 commented
          Editing a comment
          I use a jet swett. Whole kit only costs about 300 bucks.

• PLUMBER RICK
          PLUMBER RICK commented
          Editing a comment
          a 2.5'', 3'' and 4'' jet swett will set you back close to 1000.00. i have the 2.5'' and 3''.

Rick.

• NHMaster3015
          NHMaster3015 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't have 2-1/2" never needed it. 3 and 4 you can make yourself or use a test ball and extension hose.
      Working...
      X