Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DISHWASHER AND PIG [ garbage disposal] SHARED ONE 20 AMP BREAKER ! DA ,WHAT'S NEW ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DISHWASHER AND PIG [ garbage disposal] SHARED ONE 20 AMP BREAKER ! DA ,WHAT'S NEW ?

Dishwasher not working , customer said . I handed it off to Mike the appliance Wizz. He replaced fried board , and told customer D.W. SHould have it's own dedicated circuit . I 1st pull service cover and start checking things out. Pull on all wires, bingo ones loose and arcing. tighten , but not the pig D.W. breaker. I also always try wiggling breakers. Bingo ,cracked 20 amp pig breaker ! Pull it and bad char marks.
    Install new breaker. Now this is slab on grade , no crawler to run new circuit under ! and at D.W. Wall has pass through window , can't run conduit over roof and down wall ! SO I install a small 2 breaker box under sink with 15 amp for D.W. , Make note on outside service. The previous owner did all His own work , and He keeps on giving to Tool. I love Hacks !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

I honestly don't belive a shared breaker will fry a circuit board on the dishwasher. unless the dishwasher was in the heating cycle when a heavy loaded disposal was started, it would never trip a breaker. Could it be voltage drop that fried the board? I don't know that either. But the more complicated appliances get, the more excuses they come up with to void a warranty on a defective part.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Agreed rick . She rents this home out. Asked Me this Morn to check it all out. Last month Microwave outlet fried ! found loose wires , and replaced wires . May get power co to check at pole also,
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
      X