Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WATER METER PIT FULL OF DIRT 5 GALLON BUCKET !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WATER METER PIT FULL OF DIRT 5 GALLON BUCKET !

One of My customers had a badly cracked concrete cover. Went to water district and got a free replacement cover. pulled the old one and this is what I found. At least 4" of hardened dirt over meter and valve. It took using My hammer and flat bar to break it all up ! I doug down to bottom of meter . cleaned up glass ,recorded #s , Gave to gal. suggested the following. Call the Water Co. explaining the situation. Meter reader had to be guessing on #s for a long long time. Adjust bill and notify employee He /She Must record #s again, and You'll verify them also,for a while. Box is set in driveway concrete apron, no dirt around. Any input ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

I see that all the time, no way they have been read by anyone the water dept. just uses an average for the bill. Of course I am speaking of the dial meter not the electronic one they just point a wand at to read.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Its a gimmick.they need to document an estimate on their pda and have it addressed before the next billing cycle. Of course that's what they're suppose to do, but it never happens.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

• toolaholic
        toolaholic commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice customers in My hood. they've given Me a lotto work $$ ! This little job was a freebie. Told them they've earned some green stamps.

I've got a meter in teh sidewalk that has sunk about 6 inches since last Fall, had the water company look at it, "yep, it needs to be fixed," that was 90 days ago. It is apparently on a "work list." I'm waiting from the tenant call that water is pouring into the street.

Comment

Working...
      X