Getting New 2" PVC THROUGH IMPOSSIBLE HARD CLAY BORZIT TOOL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting New 2" PVC THROUGH IMPOSSIBLE HARD CLAY BORZIT TOOL

Well guys the 4000 PSI Power washer gets delivered today. I have Jetter hose setup and tips. Do You think I could run it inside the 2" pvc and bar it 44 ft. that way! Both the timber wolf and Hole Hawg are getting way to hot !Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

If you have a long enough launch ditch, I would use a stick of 3/4" steel pipe reduced to a 1/8" or 1/4" to accept a 0 degree pressure washer nozzle. This will easily bore and soften the clay and then exit in a straighter line. Once bored all the way, instally your 3" boring head and counter bore on the way out. The clay will already e softened with the original hole. Once bored back, then the 2" pipe can be run in with a jetter to help blast the path. Normally I cap the front of the pipe and add a pull rope, but in your case with the long run, I would keep it open, add a pull rope through the entire length , fastened to the far end and have the jetting rod inside the pvc to help blast the loose stuff pushing forward. The mud and water can easily be jetted clean when finished.

40' is a long way to keep grade and might not have the proper pitch, too much or too little. But the 3/4" drill pipe will be easier to help keep grade If launched properly the first 5'.

I also have a hydraulic pushing/ piercing machine that will keep better grade as I anchor Iit in the hole and set grade with it. The push rods are 30" long and screw together. But its a dry bore compared to the water jet method.

is san francisco on the way to Elyria. Josh has a fence to do too.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

this spring I had a short distance to run a pipe in hard clay, and used the borzit and the ground was so dry it was very difficult, I can not imagine trying 44 feet, in dry hard clay,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I ordered another Borzit today with the 5/8"-11 threads adapter. I will purchase a 3" diamond core bit. cut it in half on my metal band saw. Add in a section of pipe and weld.
        this will give Me a 30' length. I have dead ended on a concrete footer at 20 ft. Rick , thanks so much for all Your wisdom on the phone today. My camera and locator Guy comes Mon. Morn. I bored a 3" hole to the concrete and I will install 2"pvc for him. This was Ricks idea. I'll see If Hole is on track. If core locks in concrete New 4 stroke Makita saw cuts
        up floor ,and some grade beam. I love a challenge ! PS , the old borzit still works fine ,Just like a backup If I break a shaft. I did break one Years ago, and they sent out a new one at no charge. New shafts are much stronger ! And Kathy Porter at Borzit , You are a stand up Gal, always there when I get in a jam. Great folks !
        Last edited by toolaholic; 06-10-2014, 07:58 PM.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

what a bunch of work good luck. what about just installing a lift pump and go over head.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            I ordered another Borzit today with the 5/8"-11 threads adapter. I will purchase a 3" diamond core bit. cut it in half on my metal band saw. Add in a section of pipe and weld.
            this will give Me a 30' length. I have dead ended on a concrete footer at 20 ft. Rick , thanks so much for all Your wisdom on the phone today. My camera and locator Guy comes Mon. Morn. I bored a 3" hole to the concrete and I will install 2"pvc for him. This was Ricks idea. I'll see If Hole is on track. If core locks in concrete New 4 stroke Makita saw cuts
            up floor ,and some grade beam. I love a challenge ! PS , the old borzit still works fine ,Just like a backup If I break a shaft. I did break one Years ago, and they sent out a new one at no charge. New shafts are much stronger ! And Kathy Porter at Borzit , You are a stand up Gal, always there when I get in a jam. Great folks !
            I know I get confused easily, here, and maybe it is my reading ability,

what are you cutting in half?
            the bit
            or the adapter,

I have the adapter and it pipe thread on one side and the 5/8" X 11 thread on the other with a water hole in the center, (it is my poor mans core drill), so one would not have to cut it to extend the length only a section of pipe is needed,

the bigger core bits I have seen and the few I have are about 12" deep, and unless you have the exact size of pipe. and gauge, of wall,

and no weld over penetration and ground smooth on the out side, I would think it would be difficult to get it true and so (one it would properly accept a core, and two not bind up on the out side possibly as well,

(I know I have done very few core holes, but in most all of mine the core broke, being hand held drill, I know once one gets started to get the bit back in the hole could be a challenge but I would think extending the bit may not be the best either,

just been thinking about the job here,

Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I was talking about extending the concrete core bit. I later found threaded 12" extensions. I started to run some 2" PVC into My cored hole, no go ! all the drill water Made clay glue. Talked with owner about a shallow trench around home instead. See him Fri. At some point i usually come to My senses!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                If you have a long enough launch ditch, I would use a stick of 3/4" steel pipe reduced to a 1/8" or 1/4" to accept a 0 degree pressure washer nozzle. This will easily bore and soften the clay and then exit in a straighter line. Once bored all the way, instally your 3" boring head and counter bore on the way out. The clay will already e softened with the original hole. Once bored back, then the 2" pipe can be run in with a jetter to help blast the path. Normally I cap the front of the pipe and add a pull rope, but in your case with the long run, I would keep it open, add a pull rope through the entire length , fastened to the far end and have the jetting rod inside the pvc to help blast the loose stuff pushing forward. The mud and water can easily be jetted clean when finished.

40' is a long way to keep grade and might not have the proper pitch, too much or too little. But the 3/4" drill pipe will be easier to help keep grade If launched properly the first 5'.

I also have a hydraulic pushing/ piercing machine that will keep better grade as I anchor Iit in the hole and set grade with it. The push rods are 30" long and screw together. But its a dry bore compared to the water jet method.

is san francisco on the way to Elyria. Josh has a fence to do too.

Rick.
                Yes elyria is just up the road. I'll do the fence If Josh will do My boring !

Comment

I ended up trenching around the foundation and connecting into the lateral instead , All is well. Thanks for Your help . Tool

Comment

Working...
                  X