Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orangeburg Conundrum ?

Orangeburg Conundrum ?

Old trailer park 6" orangeburg :-( !!! No$$$ to replace ... need to do a tap for a 3" line into it ...too oval for a fernco ! .... got to help park owners get by but hate to hack the tap ... List Wisdom ?

Fernco makes an all rubber saddle tee with banded clamp that will work like a charm. Used it 1 time. Comes with long hose clamps. If worried about roots, then cement it afterwards.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Sounds like the kind of job I say thanks but no thanks to. Rule of thumb. Anytime you hear "not enough money" its a good time to walk away.
      sigpic

Comment

• fixitright
        fixitright commented
        Editing a comment
        GREAT ADVICE!

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED.

• GreatLakesPlumber
        GreatLakesPlumber commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. When you hear a potential customer opine about being poor, it's a good time to ask for money up front.

I'd use the all rubber saddle tee, too, or a *gasp* all rubber sanitary tee on it's side...
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

That's the way its going to have to go ... Then liberal amounts of Black Jack Ouch ... Quoted high but they said go ahead ... original tap under is 2 feet deep snake will NOT penetrate !!! Main is open just outside of car port so we will jack hammer carport and route into main there ...

"I'd use the all rubber saddle tee, too, or a *gasp* all rubber sanitary tee on it's side... "

Comment

Working...
        X