No announcement yet.

some pics of us splitting big boulders over a sewer

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some pics of us splitting big boulders over a sewer

Here is a neat little job link where we had 2 granite boulders over a sewer line that was 9 feet deep and the rocks combined with the sprinkler system has sheared the sewer pipe at the foundation wall. With the 2 houses so close it was one of those jobs you had to have a plan to get done lol.
    Seattle Drain Service

very impressive. tell me more about that expanding powder.

phoebe it is

Thanks so much ! This is the post of the week , but folks at Ridgid won't let me vote ! This forum is going down hill from what it use to be ! I'm ready to give up on it.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

• Josh
        Josh commented
        Editing a comment
        Tool, What do you mean on the vote thing? I know for a short while we had post of the week but that has been gone for a long time...

If there are areas you want improved please speak out instead of just saying we have issues. If we don't know about something we cant fix it.

• toolaholic
        toolaholic commented
        Editing a comment
        We'll in the years the input has has dwindled. This post on splitting the boulder had such interest , it was a wake up call to Me. the post of the week was fun and We had it for a long time. Josh , this is no reflection on You, it it is what it is. A lot of good Guys have left. Be well Tool

looks like a lot of work, looks like you did good
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

The expanding agent is called dexapan and is sold online, I have found it for sale locally as a generic no name product but did not try it because I needed to know it would actually work. The holes are 1.5" we tried 1.25 " before and it did not work so 1.5" is the deal. The tool to drill is air powered rock drills because they blow air down the center of the bits and it is always blowing the dust out so the bit does not seize in the hole, and it goes pretty dam fast compared to a roto hammer. We started doing this when we would find boulders in our path of a sewer burst, it's kind of a bummer to tell the people we are delayed 24 hours to continue but boulders are boulders lol.
        Seattle Drain Service

Fantastic Job - Always nice to see an unusual or interesting job & skills being applied to achieve a great outcome - thanks for sharing.

That is very interesting indeed! Good job.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.