Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Torch ... LOL

My air/Acetylene took a dump today ...

Had to use Oxy/Acetylene Silent and HOT !!!

I may be using this for a week ...

Anybody use Oxy ?

Only when brazing back before propress. or using my t-drill.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

T-drills, haven't used one of those for a while. I guess pro-press killed that tool for the most part.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

You don't have a mapp Gas also on the truck ?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

T drills are a money and labor saver. Especially when you price out the cost of a 6" x 2" tee and the labor to solder all 3 joints compared to brazing just the 2" pulled tee. Back in the 80s and early 90s, when I was doing large new construction the t drill paid for itself the very first day. we had ours converted to accept 6" pipe from the standard 4" capacity.But you're right, I haven't seen too many new jobs with pulled tee's. Still sitting on 3 T drills.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

The labor to solder a big tee (and the cost) or the cost of a Press tee, both options are much more expensive than a t drill. It's been awhile for me as well.

David

Comment

I pulled out he oxy/acetylene yesterday as well. One of my guys needed to cut in some roof drains in a pan deck. His idea was a mini grinder. I said, "Lets burn them in".

Comment

Working...
              X