Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Torch ... LOL

My air/Acetylene took a dump today ...

Had to use Oxy/Acetylene Silent and HOT !!!

I may be using this for a week ...

Anybody use Oxy ?

Only when brazing back before propress. or using my t-drill.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

T-drills, haven't used one of those for a while. I guess pro-press killed that tool for the most part.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

Time, cost, or quality; pick any two but you can't have all three.

Comment

You don't have a mapp Gas also on the truck ?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

T drills are a money and labor saver. Especially when you price out the cost of a 6" x 2" tee and the labor to solder all 3 joints compared to brazing just the 2" pulled tee. Back in the 80s and early 90s, when I was doing large new construction the t drill paid for itself the very first day. we had ours converted to accept 6" pipe from the standard 4" capacity.But you're right, I haven't seen too many new jobs with pulled tee's. Still sitting on 3 T drills.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

The labor to solder a big tee (and the cost) or the cost of a Press tee, both options are much more expensive than a t drill. It's been awhile for me as well.

David

Comment

I pulled out he oxy/acetylene yesterday as well. One of my guys needed to cut in some roof drains in a pan deck. His idea was a mini grinder. I said, "Lets burn them in".

Comment

Working...
              X