Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home warranty problems

MAIN LINE CLOGGED

Did a job for a young couple last Sunday Night covered by a home warranty policy.
    Talked to the warranty company before I left for the job, stated my costs and travel time for this job.
    Billed the home owner as I don't take third party payments from Insurance companies.

Talked to the Insurance company again today as they wanted more information.
    Guess what, they don't cover roots in the line.
    Was told, "they should have read the policy"

This is from a national company called Cross Country Home Services (CCHS).
    Check out their Yelp and Google reviews.
    There also tied in some way with Sears.

Good thing I collected from the home owner.

I'm not sure I see where the problem is. You first state the job was covered by a home warranty policy then you go on to say it isn't covered. One of those statements is incorrect. The home owners should have known what is and isn't covered by their policy but of course couldn't have had a clue what the issue was until after the blockage was cleared. I guess the only problem that I can see is that the insurance company can carte blanche deny any and all claims for clearing a blockage if there is even the slightest hint of a root in the line. Insurance companies and lawyers, .
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

• Mightyservant
      Mightyservant commented
      Editing a comment
      Insurers are really good at taking money and even better at a moonwalk when it comes to paying.

very common that roots and even outside the perimeter of the house foundation is not covered by the home warranty companies.

I personally feel that most home warranty policies and vendors are a complete waste of time and money.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      very common that roots and even outside the perimeter of the house foundation is not covered by the home warranty companies.

I personally feel that most home warranty policies and vendors are a complete waste of time and money.

Rick.
      I agree. Are there actually any home warranty companies that honor claims? I've heard from a couple of people I know who had them - the home seller included a one year policy when they bought the house - tried to claim for some repair and was denied.

I checked the online reviews after seeing this post and the web is full of unhappy customers with denied claims.

Comment

We had a warranty on our current house and when we noticed the doorbell wasn't working and probably hadn't for some time but we had a Service company come out to "fix" it. The technicians solution was to install a wireless doorbell so he took double stick tape and attached the button to the stucco wall next to the old button, a little more double stick to attach the chime next to the old bell in the kitchen. When I came home from a long day and saw this and about startedd laughing that a pro would even think this would fly.

I pulled off this disgraceful display, and tossed it in the trash although I saved the batteries, Then I removed the old doorbell button cleaned up the connections and voila, the 1920's old school chime still worked great! Back in business in all of about 10 minutes go figure.

That was an eye opener and I wished I had that tech around to see what other genius he would have hooked me up with when after the year warranty expired I found several leaks under the house.
        Last edited by Mightyservant; 10-12-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X