Diverter Stem ID

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diverter Stem ID

I cant find any parts or info on this. There's no manufacturing mark on it anywhere. The entire house is Kohler, approx 20 years old. The Kohler site doesnt seem to have anything similar.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

It looks rebuild-able though.

Comment

That may be my only option, but I have to try to clean the inside of the diverter body first.
      ~~

Comment

Luckily over here its mostly delta, moen and a few other local brands. Now with chinese crap they are junked. It's not so funny for the owner when he put one in bath/shower

People hate it if I can't repair because it's unknown and to replace it you got to destroy a tile skirt and open the ceiling to access the spout. Even then I probably wouldn't be able to reach that far. I was lucky on that one as I was able to fit a different brand cartridge and through the a hole in the ceiling to tighten with a fully extended basin wrench at arm maximum reach to get the spout nut.

Comment

End story -

I crimped down a metal plumber's fitting brush and cleaned the inside of the diverter body. New generic sized o-rings and some grease appeared to solve the drip problem. For how ling, I dont know.

We still dont know the OEM.
          ~~

Comment

I looked in my Kohler service parts book and didn't see anything like it. If it was a major showroom, they may be able to look up the customer by their name or address and tell you what they supplied. Our Ferguson and another local supply house keeps records of all they supply to customers for major builds.

Comment

• Plumber Punky
              Plumber Punky commented
              Editing a comment
              I have the email for the Kohler stem ID people. They said "not Kohler".
          Working...
          X