Installed a Bidet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed a Bidet

With all the talk of plumbers keeping us all healthy I'm surprised few are pushing bidets.

Last night at half time I installed a Luxe Neo 120.
    Inexpensive, easy set up and my bum is cleaner than just paper could get.
    So far I like it.

In the long run using a bidet should help the environment and personal health.

Well done sir. If you really think about it your not really cleaning anything up with just bathroom tissue. I think bidets are an excellent idea and I'll likely install one when I renovate my bathroom. The cost savings of tp, reduced burden on sewer system and treatment plants is a benefit and the health benifits particularly as we all grow older are substantial. It makes a great deal of sense to have a bidet although no doubt it will take a little getting use to.

Comment

The question is does it have homologations? I refused to install a contraption last week and told the woman I wasn't buying them a new kitchen and basement when their non code approved device blew up and flooded the place.

Then 2nd problem there isn't any temperature control. I would pipe it on hot water and would need to run the water till it gets warm then have a temp control.

If there is a device that does it all then maybe I'd have one. The ose I've seen look like a space ship, no thanks.

Comment

• fixitright
        fixitright commented
        Editing a comment
        Good chuckle, Homologations.

My new Bidet has the approval of my missing Dingleberries.

Don't miss the forest for the trees.

I'm glad it made you laugh. My insurance told me if I installed anything not approved I was up $hit creek and I pay for everything!

Comment

• nkyrental
        nkyrental commented
        Editing a comment
        "Approved" by whom?

I installed Toto washlets on both Toto toilets I installed with I remodelled two of my my bathrooms a few years ago. The water is heated as well as the seat.

Comment

• Mightyservant
        Mightyservant commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to know, I finally remembered I had heated seats in my pickup, course it is southern ca. I’m going to enjoy a heated *+iitter.

I've had 1 for for over 11 years and it took about 3 years before I was allowed to install it. I just put 1 in for a customer and told them to test drive it before hiring an electrician to run an outlet to the area. they are about 600 watts to instantly heat the water and keep the seat warm.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Downside, all that wiggling around loosened my toilet.

Old houses, rotten flanges.

Comment

I think I?ll beef up the floors like I did under the kitchen,?float the floor with mortar, install a heated floor then tile or stone. I have tile now and it?s held up well but the mortar bed is beginning to fracture.

We have a small bathroom so I?m going to try to make it more comfortable.

Comment

I bought one at Home Depot recently and like it. Haven't installed the Hot water side and won't, don't need it.

Comment

nkyrental commented
              Today, 08:16 AM
              "Approved" by whom?
              Homologations : ULC, CSA and others

This means it has been tested by an authority that tests and verifies the product and a stamp is put on the product. My insurance told me if I'm going to install a customer supplied faucet to write on my work order the brand name and all the homologation stamps on it. I also have to worry about fake stamps that have stated to show on the market like threaded rod. My association also told me not to install anything that wasn't stamped approved.

For example the customer purchases a 100$ faucet from china which has no homologations and I install it. The faucet breaks in half while they are away at work and floods the 2nd floor, 1st floor and basement causing let's say 60 thousand dollars in damages, my insurance won't help me what so ever and I'm going to foot the bill plus probably all legal fees. Why because I'm the professional and should know better. Also when you go do your contractor exams(4 of them) it is written you have to know the criminal code(something like over 2000 fine print pages), civil code and many other codes. That's why as I go in the customer's house, I'm a lawyer first, a businessman second, a pshycologist third and lastly I'm a plumber.
              Last edited by Pro Service; 01-09-2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• fixitright
                fixitright commented
                Editing a comment
                Me thinks things are a bit different in Canada.

I just read a ringing endorsement on Amazon, pleased be advised this may not be suitable reading for some members.

"As you get older sometimes you notice "Man I need to wipe" wether it's from fart dust or your last battle for the throne, it won't matter anymore....say goodbye to undie stains and stanky *** syndrome with this bidet! After installing this my anus has never been cleaner throughout the day. Everyman should have one of these. Once I'm done pooping, a couple of sprays and one wipe, that's it. I use 1/4 of the toilet paper I used too so this thing will practically pay for itself over the life of the product. It was odd at first to have a cold stream spraying up at my brown star, but once I got used to it and accepted the benifits, it amazing. Pair this with a squatty potty and the dream team is complete. It's time to come out of the paper age, save the day with your bidet!"

It helps to remember to be aware that when you buy products wether it's a tool or fixture, that it has been tested and aprooved for its intended use. There are numerous organizations that will put a stamp of aprooval on a product after thouroughly testing them. The more aprooving laboratories the better. Its not cheap, they charge a good amount of money for a company to get the "stamp" of approval on a product but at least you know it's been put through the rigors.

It's also important to know that some things might be aprooved conditionally or in Canada but not US or MEX or some states that allow only fixtures that they aproove of. The Luxe Neo 120 claims to be made in "Sunny San Diego" which is in the USA and is nice since I live 5 minutes from it but it's not the same as being a listed product. It's probably safe enough and they chose to save a few hundred thousand by forgoing the aprooval process, that makes a critical difference to the risk adverse.
              Last edited by Mightyservant; 01-09-2019, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                PLUMBER RICK commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't worry, it's just your A$$ on the line that can get electrocuted.

Rick.

That unit is unpowered, there is no heating element. I'm not sure most customers would be ok with cold water spraying up there cracks. But it is well regarded but many Amazon customers.

Comment

• fixitright
                fixitright commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm in Minnesota where it's usually cold. No problem with non heated water.

My Bum is ...... clean.

I like it.
            Working...
            X