Jetting advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting advice

Hi guys, chris here from Western Australia,I see a lot of you guys are very knowledgeable in this field.
    I recently started my own show 3 months ago. I bought a second hand ridgid kj3000, I have experience with the 1500kb but not with a jetter,

I recently had a blockage in 100mm (4inch) ew pipe, I entered up steam of the drain from a disconnection gully and no matter how quick I jet down the line every now and again the root ranger nozzle come back up the pan line! Does anyone have an idea why?!

also Has anyone had experience with a root ranger and a 3000 4gpm machine ? Is it adequate enough for roots, thanks guys !

Are you referring to the water blow back?

If that's the case, it's common to blow back into fixtures with a riot ranger. Can you jet upstream towards the stoppage so that the jet blast goes down the open line?

Root ranger nozzles are made in your backyard.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Hi turbo plumbing. Watch these videos on how to use the Root Ranger nozzle https://www.thejettersedge.com.au/ga...raining-videos
      Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi rick thanks for your reply, I generally do try and jet upstream from the inspection shaft, although the last two cases the blockage was slightly upstream of the inspection shaft and I was having trouble getting the root ranger to go back up stream.

I don?t have an offsider to inspect the fixture while I jet. I check the toilet after I think I?ve made it past the pan junction and see there has been a fair amount of water sprayed around the toile room.

From what your saying, I should expect some blow back from the rr ? cheers.

Comment

Thanks bill I?ll check that out

Comment

Remember the root ranger is 100% rear thrust. In front of the nozzle is negative pressure and it creates a vacuum. Behind the nozzle is positive pressure.

The RR is the most powerful jetter nozzle out there. Anytime you're jetting interior lines, you better have a spotter to let you know what's going on. Do you know what a nerf ball, nerf football is? They can easily be wedged into the toilet to prevent blowback. So can Saran wrap be used to wrap the toilet bowl from splashing out onto the floor. Even having the seat down will limit the splash.

Always use a fast acting shut off with this type of nozzle. A hand gun or foot valve shut off is ideal.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X