Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Residential black iron gas pipe between undersized floor joists-Best securement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residential black iron gas pipe between undersized floor joists-Best securement?

I like black iron gas lines mounted well, with no potential for movement in any direction. On perimeters (walls) we usually use the normal 2 screw steel clamps, one clamp every 6 feet for anything 1/2"-1". Here's my (overthought) question....

What do you guys prefer to use when running black iron between undersized second story floor joists? Would you continue to hard mount right to the side of undersized joists with steel clamps or would you hang freely with metal straps secured to two joists with the pipe "hanging" between? I'm wondering about the flex/vibration caused by foot traffic above/washing machine directly above, etc. Overthinking this or ????

Thanks in advance.

I live in Marin County Ca. Keep in mind You're in seismic Country , No Girly Straps! Go STRONG SULLY
    Last edited by toolaholic; 08-14-2019, 04:08 PM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
    X