X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone give me an estimate

I would like to know a round about price on getting my slow tub drain snaked by a professional. thanks Chic.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

I would say $75 - $ 125 dollars is a fair price.

Comment

Thanks plumbjay.

Comment

Originally posted by chic
        I would like to know a round about price on getting my slow tub drain snaked by a professional. thanks Chic.

I wouldn't touch it for less than $5,000. But that's me.

You need to realize that prices are based on regions. What you don't want is an unlicensed contractor that is cheap. Hire a real contractor that knows what he is doing, it will save you money in the long run.
        the dog

Comment

If there are no problems with the condition of the drain line then 75 to 150 from a good T&M contractor would be about the norm. Like plumdog said the rates depend on the region. I am with dog as I choose to not do that type of work anymore and avoid it like typhoid whenever possible.

If you hire a flat rate outfit prepare to pay much more if they have to lift a finger beyoned what their book says is a standard service, which is most often the case.
          Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

My plan is to go with a old reliable company,Iam not looking to get the first jack leg johnnie that come a knocking, besides I already tried to clear the drain . I am the only jack leg i will ever hire.

Comment

Now that was the answer i was looking for!
              Thank you Plumber!

Comment

The hourly rate of my old shop is now $85 per hour. While we never charged a cable charge some shops do. The cable charge for a tub may be around $25.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                X