X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else miss the 205 cutter

I think the 152 cutter is junk in comparison. I've had two break between the rollers and lost the spring out of one....

Originally posted by HowardW
    I think the 152 cutter is junk in comparison. I've had two break between the rollers and lost the spring out of one....
    Why don't you just go buy one then?

http://www.toolup.com/productinfo_fr...AdCamp=Froogle
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by HowardW
      Was the #205 the "enclosed" feed cutter. If I remember right it was. If it was I was not a fan. But if you were, it is kind of hard to know if they still make it because Ridgid's product part of the website is lame. You click on a specific tool and get a general description at best.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
      the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10
        Was the #205 the "enclosed" feed cutter. If I remember right it was. If it was I was not a fan. But if you were, it is kind of hard to know if they still make it because Ridgid's product part of the website is lame. You click on a specific tool and get a general description at best.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
        Agreed. Their catalogs are'nt any different.

They need to do some work on the website though for sure. It's basically devoid of alot of info, especially on older Ridgid products.

Comment

The 205 enclosed feed cutter is still available. Here is a link to the catalog page, I hope this is of some assistance.

http://www.ridgid.com/catalog/merged/TubingCutters.pdf

Comment

Ridgid 205

I didn't know they still made the model 205. None of the whoslale places around me stock it.... They all stock the model 152.

Comment

never cared for the 205. the cutter needed to be adjusted at both the quick ratchet feed and the screw feed. too many adjustments when cutting. i like the 152 series better. but you're right. i've worn out the roller pins. they have improved the circlip issue.

rick.
              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-10-2006, 12:30 AM.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I'm probably in the minority, but after years of using the 152s I came to like the "screw feed" cutters (model 15,30,etc.) better. They are slower than the quick action type, but to me they walk less and hold-up better.
                the dog

Comment

Working...
                X