X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sump pump story.

THis morning i got a call around 8:30 am,it was my father in law.he told me his sump pump was not working all the time and the night before we had alot of rain.i went over and he was right i had to wiggle it back in fourth for it to pump.WE went to my buddies hardware store to get another pump for backup until i fix his original.well i got a wayne 1/2 horse which is the same as the ridgid sp 500.I had to get a check vave since there wasn't one installed when the house was built about 4 years ago. well i took out the pump that wasn't working wright which was a zoeller and discoverd that the float was coverd with sedement,but in the sump hole under the pump i found about 3 pieces of 1/2 inch copper tubing about 2 or 3 inches long and one about 6 inches,a few small pieces wood,and a bunch of pebbles and cement chips.well i donot think that is too cool for a 179000 dollar house.well any way i am . sure the zoeller pump was just getting obstructed with this debre.well he wanted a backup pump anyway.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

chic, what model # was the zoller? is it a 1.5'' or 2'' discharge. ones for clear water m57, has a screen and will typically keep out the debris you listed. what it won't do is pump out mud. it's very possible that the items were in the pit from day 1 and the mud and silt caused the pump to burn out.

unless it's a switch that's bad, it doesn't pay to rebuild a m57. i buy them for $ 85.00

you should install the new pump on a brick to keep the dirt from entering the intake of the pump. unless this is a sewage ejector that can handle the debris. zoller m267 is a sewer ejector with a 2'' discharge.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, I was thinking some bozo put that stuff in there under the pump to get it off the bottom so it wouldn't suck up the trash and muck off the bottom of the pit.

Either that or it is trash left over from construction as you said.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Rick,could not make out the modle no.will find out win i clean it up. with a quick inspect i found a pebble about as bis as a nickle stuck in a part of the base of the pump heading twords the impeller. there was no screen on it. the sump pit has a plastc lineing.my thing is it was full of this crap plus all these nickle size rocks that were getting cout up in the impeller stalling it. the pump did run.when i took it out of the pt i ran it again and it sounded good.I will check it all out this week.
        A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

chic, i think these pumps are impeadence protected. you caught it early enough to save it.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X