X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple question

My bathtub is full of water and will not drain. How do you remove the drain stop? I would like to snake out the pipe.

Originally posted by fronty
    My bathtub is full of water and will not drain. How do you remove the drain stop? I would like to snake out the pipe.
    fronty,

I don't know what type of tub drain you have but if it includes an overflow you should snake through the overflow and not the shoe (drain).

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

if the drain control is in the overflow, you can undo the cover and it should pull out of the overflow opening by a long jointed rod , it is a tubular like stopper that covers or blocks the drain and yet will let the over flow work,

this site is more for the replacement of a tub drain but should give one a look at how they are made and how the stop should come out,
      http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/p...n2/replace.htm

if the stop control rod is broke or the cotter pin has broke/wore out, I would think one should be able to fish the stop out of the drain pipe with a wire with a hook bent on the end of it,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
      X