X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenox "one tooth"

Does anyone here have any experience with the Lenox "one tooth"
    hole saw bits? I would love to try them but they are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    VERY expensive, wonder if they are worth the $$$$$ or NOT????

i bought a set about 5 years ago at the trade show. this was before lennox bought it and put their name on it. i can drill a 4 5/8'' hole with only 1 hand

try that with a self feed bit

don't hit a nail, it's expensive to replace the tooth. the nice thing is the clean up is fast as you get very few shavings with this and after 4 holes you have the wheels for a soap box derby car

rick
    phoebe it is

Comment

does anyone use the carbide hole saws for metal ?

the standard type do not stay sharp.

thanks charlie
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

one tooth

Thanks Rick, I wondered about hitting nails and what would happen!
        I'll have to think about this

Comment

what about the quality of lenox hacksaw blades..

Comment

The bit will kill your drill. It burned up my dewalt (dw124) after a short while. It is my understanding that with only one tooth doing the cutting it puts too much load on the motor and will burn it up. At a trade show I saw Lenex demonstrating it on milwaukee's new hole hawg and it seemed to handle it ok. But if lenex and milwaukee are competitors why would they use a milwaukee drill?
            Unless you are the lead Dog, the scenery does not change...

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg
              The bit will kill your drill. It burned up my dewalt (dw124) after a short while. It is my understanding that with only one tooth doing the cutting it puts too much load on the motor and will burn it up. At a trade show I saw Lenex demonstrating it on milwaukee's new hole hawg and it seemed to handle it ok. But if lenex and milwaukee are competitors why would they use a milwaukee drill?
              lenox does not make an electric drill. they probably chose the milwaukee since it's the drill of choice for most plumbers. dewalt also makes drill bits, so does makita. lenox makes cutting tools, not electric powered tools.

i don't know why you think the 1 cutter is any harder on the drill than a self feed bit that turns the entire hole into sawdust and shavings

with the 1 tooth cutter, you are only cutting a 1/4'' groove/ kerf.

if it took so much power to cut, then why can i hold the drill with the large 4 5/8'' bit with 1 hand

these bits were originally made by wheeler rex.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

You are right they do not make Power tools, but their biggest product is sawzall blades and milwauke is their biggest competitor in that area as well as hole saws. A lot of my information comes from a service tech that repairs tools and knows why they fail. Mine was not the only one that died drilling with a lenex one tooth bit. If lenex did not have to use their biggest competitor's tool, I am sure that they would not. I may be A bit bias against holes saws in general, because if you have to drill many holes, it takes too much time to remove the core after each hole. But everyone and job is different and if it is working for you that's great.
                Unless you are the lead Dog, the scenery does not change...

Comment

one toth

I bought the tooth kit last year. We were very unhappy with them.
                  Lennox did not support this product at all. Nice idea but just doesn't last.

Comment

I'm with Rick I first tried the Lennox one tooth about 2 years ago when given one by another contractor to try out who swore by them and bought them for his guys. They work terrific. I have since talked to and convinced a large local industrial supply house to start carrying them, and since they did they sell them like hotcakes. I still use self feed bits for large stuff, but use the Lennox's when I can. They're worth the extra money.

Comment

Working...
                    X