ok guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok guys

what was the hardest part of learning to be a plumber?as some of you know i started working with a plumbing company just over a week ago and they put me on the crew hooking up sewer taps to the house and the water service from the meter.so far i think this is pretty easy and i know it will only get harder from here so please tell me at what point it will be that i will start to wonder why i am doing what i am doing???
    9/11/01, never forget.

The hardest part is remembering to think about why it is your doing something a certain way. Too many guys just watch those who are training them and do not try to understand the fundamentals. Many of those who are now doing the training were trained by people who didn't know how to do it either. Once you learn to think plumbing it should come to you a little easier. If you are not in a Union program I would recommend picking up a current code book and illustrated training manual.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

i am perrt lucky at the moment the person teaching my has been showing me once than stands near by and lets me do it the next time or two and then i an free to do it on my own so far this has worked for me but i have made a few mistakes as well but they now i am just learning so i only get wiped 10 times instead of 100 lol but they are impressed by the way a sweat pipe though i havent done much of it here just our back flows get that every thing else is pvc or cpvc
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

i am perrt lucky at the moment the person teaching my has been showing me once than stands near by and lets me do it the next time or two and then i an free to do it on my own so far this has worked for me but i have made a few mistakes as well but they now i am just learning so i only get wiped 10 times instead of 100 lol but they are impressed by the way a sweat pipe though i havent done much of it here just our back flows get that every thing else is pvc or cpvc
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
        X