tubing cutter #150 creep when cutting copper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tubing cutter #150 creep when cutting copper

I have a new (less than 1 yr old) #150 Rigid tubing cutter that has started to creep up the tubing while cutting either 1/2 or 3/4 copper. I have changed the cutting wheel with same results. Help? Thx

gramps1947,
    Take a look at the condition of the pins in the rolls and the cutter wheel. If they have a groove worn in them this can cause the cutter to track up or down the tubing. If they do have a worn groove in them you may be able to remedy the problem by rotating the pins 180 degrees and re installing. A good way to check if it is a bad cutter wheel or a pin/ frame issue is to remove the cutter wheel, flip it over and reinstall it. If the cutter wheel is bad the cutter will track in the opposite direction. If it tracks in the same direction it is probably a frame or pin issue. I hope this is of some assistance.

Comment

Gramps,

Take the pins out of the wheels, clean them with sandcloth, clean the rollers with sandcloth, oil everything, put it back togather with a new cutting wheel (which you have), it should work fine.

the dog
      the dog

Comment

Working...
      X