X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joining drain cables together

with a k-380 machine. i would like join a 1/2in x 50ft to another 1/2in x 50ft or 75ft. is this possible? if not who sells cables to do that? thank you. bbbbbbbbbb

Originally posted by breid1903
    with a k-380 machine. i would like join a 1/2in x 50ft to another 1/2in x 50ft or 75ft. is this possible? if not who sells cables to do that? thank you. bbbbbbbbbb
    You could easily join the two cables together with a splice and I've had to do it many times because of kinks and weak spots but if you don't mind me asking why are you trying to join so much of that particular size together?I've had 50ft. 1/2" cables for years and it always seemed more than enough for what I was doing. Anyways, go into the cable repair sections of cable providers and you'll find the splices.

Comment

you will need another drum. One drum only holds 90' of 1/2" cable. I buy my 1/2" cables in 90' lengths and cut them to 75' so they fit better in the drum and come out easier. I have a k-3800. You'll need to make a leader for both of your drums. On the leader you will have a male adapter on the end and use a coupling to couple the cable to the leader. That way when you get to the end of your first length of cable you can uncouple it from the drum and couple it to the male end of the second drum. Then run your second drum. Problems: There are several reasons why this shouldn't be done The 380 is only designed for a maximum of 100'. More length requires more torque that the motor will probably not be able to handle. If the motor can handle it - the cable may not be able to. If you bind up the cable out 100'+ you may not know it until you are in a bad bind that you may not be able to get undone. I wouldn't recommend going over 100' with a 380. Most importantly - what are you trying to clean?

Comment

Originally posted by Theron
        Problems: There are several reasons why this shouldn't be done The 380 is only designed for a maximum of 100'. More length requires more torque that the motor will probably not be able to handle. If the motor can handle it - the cable may not be able to. If you bind up the cable out 100'+ you may not know it until you are in a bad bind that you may not be able to get undone. I wouldn't recommend going over 100' with a 380. Most importantly - what are you trying to clean?
        I agree

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
        X