X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 gpf

What is your opinion on the best ones out there? I have heard that Toto makes the best.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Originally posted by TOD
    What is your opinion on the best ones out there? I have heard that Toto makes the best.
    you heard correct

i also like the american standard champion.

i hate anything by kohler

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Toto G-max and the American Standard Champion are two of the best. An american standard pressure assist will beat them both though.

Comment

The best bang for your buck I would think is a american standard cadet series!!

Comment

Ummmmmmmmm

I have put in toilets from A.S., Kohler, Toto, Mansfield, plus crappy (no pun intended) ones from dyi stores that the home owner bought. I prefer Toto and the new Kohler Cimarron. I've had very good luck with the Cimarron. I don't care for anything else by Kohler. Especially faucets and one piece toilets. I stopped putting Kohler faucets after multiple call backs on new faucets.
          One of the best lessons I learned from my father is when he did nothing to help me. I then learned to help my self.

Comment

Plumber Rick...With great trepidation I ask, why the negative opinion of Kohler? Isn't it the only brand that attaches their tanks to the bowl with three mounting bolts rather than the standard two? Is there something inherently faulty in their design?
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998
              Plumber Rick...With great trepidation I ask, why the negative opinion of Kohler? Isn't it the only brand that attaches their tanks to the bowl with three mounting bolts rather than the standard two? Is there something inherently faulty in their design?
              they are also the ones that designed a pressure flush toilet that has been recalled, a toilet seat on a 1 pc. rialto that came with steel bolts that bolts into the tank, an overflow too small for the tank that will flood if the ballcock keeps running more than a trickle, a spring in the overflow of a tub stopper that catches hair, (let me know when to stop, i can be here all night), flappers that don't last 1 year and they don't have any stock on replacements. a different flapper for every day of the week, a ballcock that breaks at the shank, a 1 pc. toilet that doesn't flush.

i'll stop to watch american idol.

by the way, those 3 bolts were no bonus either. on the wellworth they were plastic wing nuts that were designed for a homeowner with no tools, not a professional that needs to install 50 toilets at a time and has to make a socket to keep from wearing your finger tips to the bone. also if you didn't lube the rubber nipples and bolts, the bolt would bind on the rubber and not squeeze in the tank to make a proper tank seal.

what kohler needs is less rocket scientist and more hands on real plumbers to advise them.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Amen

what kohler needs is less rocket scientist and more hands on real plumbers to advise them.

Amen
                One of the best lessons I learned from my father is when he did nothing to help me. I then learned to help my self.

Comment

Working...
                X