X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manablock replaced with wisbro

I have a Vanguard PEX manablock manifold system in my home. It is about six years old now. I have sheared off the key knob of two of the valves. I was wondering if it is possible to replace the manablock with Wisbro’s Pro Pex system. Use the PEX already run and just use the ProPex Rings and tool to make the connection to a ProPEX copper manifold.

I wouldn't.

I would not use pieces of one system on another. Wirsbo Aquapex is made to be used with expandable rings for their pex only and vise-versa with Vanguard and their rings. To do so may create more problems than you have now.
    One of the best lessons I learned from my father is when he did nothing to help me. I then learned to help my self.

Comment

you could use a small section of wirsbro pex on the new manifod and then connect to the anguard pex with a transition type of coupling such as a watts shark bite fitting. these are approved for copper, pex, and cpvc. they work on an o-ring seal with stainless gripper teeth to keep from pulling apart. you could also use a brass coulping with a male fitting from each brand to connect to.

why nt just use the same brand as the original? if you exercise the ball valves on a regular basis. 2 x a years. they will probably not seize up. true with any valve.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Why don't you just call up Vanguard and tell them that your valves are breaking and you are not happy. They will send you out as many of the new valves as you ask for. They are fairly easy to install, and the new ones have larger plastic tabs that are harder to break. I've done this for quite a few customers.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
          you could use a small section of wirsbro pex on the new manifod and then connect to the anguard pex with a transition type of coupling such as a watts shark bite fitting. these are approved for copper, pex, and cpvc. they work on an o-ring seal with stainless gripper teeth to keep from pulling apart. you could also use a brass coulping with a male fitting from each brand to connect to.

why nt just use the same brand as the original? if you exercise the ball valves on a regular basis. 2 x a years. they will probably not seize up. true with any valve.

rick.
          Rick, I'm somewhat surprised that you endorse the sharkbite fitting.

I have used them many times with no problems at all. I first installed them in my own crawlspace about a year ago. I attached copper to pex and the seal is tight and will not let go...I have yanked on the pipes to try to cause a leak and they are dry as can be.

I give the Sharkbite fittings two thumbs up!

Comment

norcal, i have been a fan of sharkbite since it first came out. i keep a goodie bag of fittings in my truck, right next to my propress fittings

still waiting for the 1'' fittings to come out

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Watts? I didn't know Watts made the Sharkbite line.

I think that Cash Acme will want to know about this :-)

Here's a brochure from Cash Acme about Sharkbite®.
              It does indicate that the 1" fittings are new but I did not
              find any indication of when they would be hitting the shelves.
              http://www.cashacme.com/SB_Quad406.pdf

One application I thought these would be good for is testing.
              No more soldering test caps on your copper lines (small bore
              anyway), just pop a Sharkbite cap (End Stop they call them)
              on there and when testing is completed you can remove and
              reuse them.
              Last edited by Bob D.; 06-01-2006, 05:08 AM.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

bob, thanks for the heads up. i'm sure i've stated cash acme in prior threads. on this one i blew it.

maybe watts got some inquires and will kick start them into making something like this

i too havn't seen any 1'' fittings. they were suppose to come out months after the original debut of the 1/2'' and 3/4''.

i will inquire at the trade show this weekend.

thanks bob.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?
                  http://www.powertoolinstitute.com/stream1.html

This reminded me of when my father-in-law was using his jointer and had his fingers hanging off the end. Evidently the pain and blood spattered on his saftey glasses and the wall was not a big enough clue because he did it again on the next pass.
                  One of the best lessons I learned from my father is when he did nothing to help me. I then learned to help my self.

Comment

I spoke with the Rep from Cash Acme at the PA/NJ PHCC Trade Show in Atlantic City last week. I didn't ask specifically but he never mentioned that the 1" were not available or would be out soon. He had plenty of them on display, at least a couple dozen that everyone was playing with.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

The 1" Sharkbite fittings have been available for a while in Nevada.

Comment

Working...
                      X