Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
I have questions regarding how the diaphragm on the sp330d sump pump works Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have questions regarding how the diaphragm on the sp330d sump pump works

Hello,
    I just purchased the 330d sump pump. I have installed it in my basement. The question is at what point does it turn on? My concern is that I have a shallow sump pump hole and am not sure if the pump will turn on until its to late. The hole currently has about 2 inched of water and the diaphragm is in the water. Thank you in advance for your help.

Shawn

Shawn
    Fill the pit with water now! so you know where the on point is under a controlled input. If it does not turn on soon enough you can fix it before it rains. Good luck

Comment

Shawn,
      In a standard 24" deep pit, the cut in level is 9" and the cut out level is 4". I hope this is of assistance.

Comment

I just purchased the same sump pump last night and was cursious how it works as well. I don't have a depth problem, just don't understand how it knows to kick on.

Also, in the instructions it states not to use for laundry discharge. Is that a real problem? My washer discharges in the sump so that is the primary purpose I bought it for! It is just soapy water so is that a real problem or no?
        Thanks!
        Van

Comment

Shawn,
          Basically the pump works off a diaphragm that senses pressure. When the water level rises it creates more pressure and at a certain point (9") the pump is turned on, at 4" the pump is turned off again. It is a different design than the customary float style pumps.

Comment

I have the same problem, a shallow pit and I was wondering if the 330d can be adjusted so it comes on at a 7" depth instead of 9", or can the 330 model with a float be adjusted to come on at a shallower depth.

Also, which is most reliable diaphragm or float?

Thnx

Comment

Just bought a 330D. WOrks OK, but much louder than a cheaper flotek pump .

Question: Whats a better switch, float or diaphragm? Any pros/cons? My pit is a drywall bucket, not much room. THANX

Comment

Working...
              X