Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll try it out for a while. Location and Occupation are now required.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
    i double that. i also would like to see a little bit of more bio info required. most regular poster list their hometown and occupation. there are times that a persons hometown is very important especially in the plumbing and electrical sections as the codes and standards to vary across the country. as far as their occupation goes, it helps out when others are trying to get the best advice. most regulars already list their profession. lots of very good advice gomes from others outside of the trade.

rick.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
      i double that. i also would like to see a little bit of more bio info required. most regular poster list their hometown and occupation. there are times that a persons hometown is very important especially in the plumbing and electrical sections as the codes and standards to vary across the country. as far as their occupation goes, it helps out when others are trying to get the best advice. most regulars already list their profession. lots of very good advice gomes from others outside of the trade.

rick.

I'm with rick they should list there home state and occupation
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I stated my occupation and my home state. After the response I got on my occupation, I'm not sure I want y'all knowing where I live.
        Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
          The "ignoring" suggestion has been brought up many times already in the past and it obviously didn't take. It doesn't sound like there is going to be any censorship for censorships sake going on here but more of a double check system to make sure that a posters 1st thread is legitimate. Personally, I see nothing wrong with that.
          As usual, B. Dave has misread my post. I would expect nothing less. My post backed-up Josh's proposal, I even said I trusted him with the editor's sword. I simply meant that we want to be careful about censorship. Josh addressed this in his post and I think that he and Ridgid have done an outstanding job on this forum, as I have said it before, so we don't have to worry.

I have advocated more info on the profiles for some time now, and I am glad to see it required. For those who find this a problem, I would suggest not posting. This would apply to Badger Dave, who gives expert advice on every forum, but whose profile does not list his occupation.
          Last edited by plumbdog10; 06-07-2006, 09:48 PM.
          the dog

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrunner
            I stated my occupation and my home state. After the response I got on my occupation, I'm not sure I want y'all knowing where I live.
            i do not think that they are looking for a street address , just the state .

and i do not know what kind of response you got but i do not think it was personal . if it was they should be taking off this site.
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10
              As usual, B. Dave has misread my post. I would expect nothing less. My post backed-up Josh's proposal, I even said I trusted him with the editor's sword. I simply meant that we want to be careful about censorship. Josh addressed this in his post and I think that he and Ridgid have done an outstanding job on this forum, as I have said it before, so we don't have to worry.

I have advocated more info on the profiles for some time now, and I am glad to see it required. For those who find this a problem, I would suggest not posting. This would apply to Badger Dave, who gives expert advice on every forum, but whose profile does not list his occupation.
              huummmmmm alittle history beteewn you two?might me interesting to see where this goes and how it is handled
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK
                ....and i do not know what kind of response you got but i do not think it was personal . if it was they should be taking off this site.
                I haven't figured out how to put an emoticon in the message. If I knew how, I'd have put a LOL smiley :-) after the whole thing. I am a traffic engineer that specializes in traffic signal timing. That touched a nerve with some here, relative to the person who does my job in their town. No big deal, I have my critics here too.

See what's your occupation thread somewhere around page 8 for details, no film at 11.

Comment

When putting together your post there is a little box over to your right that has 11 different smilies you can use. Just click on one where you want to insert it

Comment

i dont have that,why???????
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy
                      i dont have that,why???????
                      1. Click on "User CP" near the top of the page.
                      2. Click on "Edit Options".
                      3. Near the bottom of the page, click on "Message Editor Interface".
                      4. Set the Message Editor Interface to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing".
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Aha

I had the same settings as oldslowchevy. Now I can post smilies Oooh, it even has a spell check button?

Comment

oh yeah this is much better
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
                          X