X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rules for New Members

recent spam attacks have forced me to this. All new users have to be approved by me before they can post. This way we can weed out all of the spammers that sign up and post once.

It may take a week for everything to clear up but this is what it has come to.

Josh

I realize that something needed to be done about these jerks and its a shame that the solution requires special attention by you. What a huge colossal waste of your time.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
      I realize that something needed to be done about these jerks and its a shame that the solution requires special attention by you. What a huge colossal waste of your time.
      Just be glad WE didn't have to be approved when we signed up.
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

thank you josh

it would be interesting to see how many new post you need to eliminate.

thanks again.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Its not really a big waste of my time. It just makes it a little tougher to post on the forum the first time. It always annoys me when I go to a forum and I cant post until I am approved.

So its a balance between members leaving because of spam and new potential members being scared away because they have to be approved. We are part of the instant service society and approvals dont fit that all that well.

Josh

Comment

Josh, your my hero!
            One of the best lessons I learned from my father is when he did nothing to help me. I then learned to help my self.

Comment

Originally posted by tnoisaw
              Josh, your my hero!
              suckup!

Lorax

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
                We are part of the instant service (and instant gratification) society and approvals dont fit that all that well. Josh
                Let me tell ya young feller, things were different in my day, by gum. None of these dag-nabbed compooters and teliovisions and jet aeroplanes and such. Life was slower and simpler and BETTER!
                Of course I had to walk 5 miles to school and 5 miles home again (and it was uphill both ways) and........and.........and.......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
                Lorax

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax
                  Let me tell ya young feller, things were different in my day, by gum. None of these dag-nabbed compooters and teliovisions and jet aeroplanes and such. Life was slower and simpler and BETTER!
                  Of course I had to walk 5 miles to school and 5 miles home again (and it was uphill both ways) and........and.........and.......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

LMAO!!!! Best watch out, Josh may have to initiate the "Crochety Old Man" filter as well.....
                  Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

How Much

Hey Lorax,
                    Do you remember, What's a Henway?
                    Jim Don

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith
                      LMAO!!!! Best watch out, Josh may have to initiate the "Crochety Old Man" filter as well.....
                      GOOD ONE

i think if some one wants to join us they will do what they have to do . and then let the fun begin
                      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Josh,

I'm sort of against this. Once you begin to censor the posts, it becomes easy to censor what seems unpleasant. I think we should have went with ignoring this first. But, I respect your opinion (based on your excellent handling of this forum). You have not censored any of my posts (well... some of the wording), and I would trust you with the editor's button. Just be careful you don't use it to protect Ridgid, it would destroy this forum.

I have faith in you.
                        the dog

Comment

But Dog,

The "ignoring" suggestion has been brought up many times already in the past and it obviously didn't take. It doesn't sound like there is going to be any censorship for censorships sake going on here but more of a double check system to make sure that a posters 1st thread is legitimate. Personally, I see nothing wrong with that.
                          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I am not happy about having to change the registrations process. As far as everything else on this forum nothing is going to change. It is still an open forum where we even allow negative comments about our tools. We respect and value the opinions and comments of our customers and I myself have no interest in filtering out non-positive comments about our product line.

BTW... already caught a spammer before they could post on the forum today. So I guess its helping.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
                              It doesn't sound like there is going to be any censorship for censorships sake going on here but more of a double check system to make sure that a posters 1st thread is legitimate. Personally, I see nothing wrong with that.
                              i double that. i also would like to see a little bit of more bio info required. most regular poster list their hometown and occupation. there are times that a persons hometown is very important especially in the plumbing and electrical sections as the codes and standards to vary across the country. as far as their occupation goes, it helps out when others are trying to get the best advice. most regulars already list their profession. lots of very good advice gomes from others outside of the trade.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X