No announcement yet.

Defective Float - Sump Pump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all the time RIDGID has been involved in pumps, I have never seen a float do anything like this. We are going to take a float to the lab and put some external heat on it to see if we can recreate this scenario. How much heat will it take to do this? Hot water wouldn’t do this, so our guess would be the pump moved in the pit and the float contact the side of the pump body, ran the water out and heated up the pump body, melting the float. Just surprised the pump didn’t bunt up. You say the pump still runs? What is the serial number on the pump?

Comment

I will get the serial number when I get home.

I sound like a broker record but the pump is in perfect condition no sign of heat damage.

Sorry for all the trouble, have a feeling they are going to be scratching their heads over this one for awhile.

Comment

BTW... ToolMan is the head of tech services here at Ridge Tool if you were wondering who was asking for the info.

Josh

Comment

I am thinking out loud about your guess. The bulge is at the top of the float where the solid lever bar make it very difficult (I think impossible, but I will check when I get home) for the float to touch the unit. The bottom of the float has a loose connection that might allow the float to touch the unit.

But what do I know......

Comment

ToolMan

PMed the serial number......check your messages.

let me know what else I can do to help.

:-)

Comment

music, see you thought you would only be posting once and leaving. Now you have 10 posts. Pretty much an active member now I just taught John how to check him PMs should be getting back to you soon.

Josh

Comment

LOL...... You are right

Comment

Working...
                X