X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad news for me.

My surgeon has advised me to get out of plumbing because of my ankle. I am having my third surgery Monday. This sucks for me because I really enjoy it. I Will be going back to school and probably become a computer Systems Administrator. Kinda like a service plumber for computers and networks. Diagnosis, repair type stuff.

Thanks for all the help and debates. I had fun. I’m sure I’ll hang around here for a while just because it’s in my blood.

Tony
    One of the best lessons I learned from my father is when he did nothing to help me. I then learned to help my self.

Sorry to hear about your ankle. Computers are pretty darn low impact on the body. So much so that I have to go to the gym or golfing after work or I will go crazy. Your ankle will handle the new job well.

Good luck with the schooling.

josh

Comment

Tony,

Very sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope the future works out for you and you find it a positive and rewarding move.

I know it's hard, but don't let the job define who you are. It's much more rewarding that you bring yourself and all your attributes to whatever job you wish to do.

Stay with the forum,

CWS

Comment

man, that is sad news. but on a guitar forum that i visit, at least twice a day, when something occurs that needs a bit of "help": we send positive thoughts (some offer prayers) and major amounts fo MOJO. that magical mystical voodoo positive from the roots of blues music as well as the swamps of the south.

Tony, i don't know you personally but as one human being to another (and someone in the same sorta line of work) I send positive thoughts and axehouse mojo (the strongest on the planet) to you.

being a geek isn't a bad thing, good luck, bro

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

tony i can only offer sympathy... I have messed up both my knees, one from a car accident when the other guy ran a stop sign. The other was a 300 to 400 pound chunk of cement that i dropped on my other knee. my running days are pretty much over after that. But things happen for a reason, At least i enjoyed doing track and cross country in high school. I would have been the best if they divided my 5k time by my body weight!

Good luck and stay away from pocket protectors and the chess clubs. Don't want you to be a real geek....
          "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
          "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Originally posted by tnoisaw
            My surgeon has advised me to get out of plumbing because of my ankle. I am having my third surgery Monday. This sucks for me because I really enjoy it. I Will be going back to school and probably become a computer Systems Administrator. Kinda like a service plumber for computers and networks. Diagnosis, repair type stuff.

Thanks for all the help and debates. I had fun. I’m sure I’ll hang around here for a while just because it’s in my blood.

Tony
            Tony,

These are the things that make us stronger. Too many years ago to remember I was told to quit plumbing because of my elbows. I made some adjustments which worked out well and shortly after was able to return to plumbing. I will never be able to spend all day with larger pipes anymore and a 36' aluminum is now my limit when I do use a wrench but that's Okay too.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the support. I am in a way looking forward to learning something new- not that I knew everything when it came to plumbing- far from it. I think, at least for me, it’s the reward of figuring things out and running with that newly acquired knowledge and going as far as you can with it. I always need a challenge otherwise I get bored. I’m sure most here are like that just because of the occupations we have choosing.

As a side note. Since I will be slowing down (just a little) I want to do something I’ve always wanted to do for years but never took the time to do it. That is learning to play the guitar. Electric with a loud amplifier to drive my wife crazy! Stxrus, if you could send me a private message with the link to the guitar forum you mentioned I would appreciate it.

Thanks to all,

Tony
              One of the best lessons I learned from my father is when he did nothing to help me. I then learned to help my self.

Comment

Just a warning getting used to steel strings makes your fingertips really sore. After a few weeks or a month you get used to it.

Why not first put an intercom in the house and then play out in the garage then she can hear you no mater where she is!
                "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

If it helps here is a site one of my buddies put together:

http://www.ovationfanclub.com/

He is a computer guy who specializes in audio and vintage collectible Ovations ect.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                  X