Uniform vs. International Code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform vs. International Code

After a recent conversation I had with someone in the know it looks like the UPC and UMC will soon merge with the IPC and IMC. If what I have heard is correct the bulk of the new merged Code will be from the Uniform Codes and not the International Codes.

With many jurisdictions adopting the IBC yet keeping the Uniform Codes for Plumbing and Mechanical it makes sense to lean more towards the Uniform Codes input for the new blended International Codes.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Originally posted by ToUtahNow
    After a recent conversation I had with someone in the know it looks like the UPC and UMC will soon merge with the IPC and IMC. If what I have heard is correct the bulk of the new merged Code will be from the Uniform Codes and not the International Codes.

With many jurisdictions adopting the IBC yet keeping the Uniform Codes for Plumbing and Mechanical it makes sense to lean more towards the Uniform Codes input for the new blended International Codes.

Mark
    I've heard the same thing. It's interesting that California is still operating off of the 2000 UPC (adopted as the 2001 California Plumbing Code) and has not adopted the updated UPC as of this date.
    the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10
      I've heard the same thing. It's interesting that California is still operating off of the 2000 UPC (adopted as the 2001 California Plumbing Code) and has not adopted the updated UPC as of this date.
      \
      I just read that starting in 2008 California will be using the 2006 UPS. Until then it looks like the 2000 UPC will be the governing code.

Mark

Comment

It looks like the negotiations between the ICC and IAPMO just broke down and there are no plans to continue talks. The IPC and UPC will not be merging.

Mark

Comment

Here are the posts Rick was referring to. I believe there is a slight media lag between my info and dogs info. While I read the Reeves Journal I also read the IAPMO magazine so my news is a little more timely.

It doesn't matter that I posted the information first it matters that dog reads this stuff. If all plumbers cared as much about their trade as dog does the Trades would be better off.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow
            Here are the posts Rick was referring to. I believe there is a slight media lag between my info and dogs info. While I read the Reeves Journal I also read the IAPMO magazine so my news is a little more timely.

It doesn't matter that I posted the information first it matters that dog reads this stuff. If all plumbers cared as much about their trade as dog does the Trades would be better off.

Mark
            I stand corrected. Thanks for the compliment.
            the dog

Comment

Working...
            X