No announcement yet.

60 inch pipe wrench cracked---no lifetimeon it------

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with utah and rick.a 5' pipe wrench would be upwards of 500 bucks .so to hear you say o just take my word for it it cracked sounds like crap to me.i own a 36"and 48" that I've used 3 " Iron cheater pipes on and are 10+ years old used on 3"and 4" pipe and haven't had a problem with.now I did manage to damage a set of jaws on my off sets but ridgid fixed them.heck I've dropped those wrench 15' from a scaffold and all I managed to do was dent the floor.Sorry to rant but buy the harbor freight ones if u want to but when they slip and bust your teeth out,you'll be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
      Stardrill10,

I have, as anyone on this forum can attest to, been critical of Ridgid when I felt it was appropriate. I have never had a warrenty problem with them on hand tools. Your post did not indicate the result of their findings.

If you broke a 60" wrench it was abused. But send it in. I can't speak for Ridgid, but I have never been refused a warrenty issue.

As for going to Harbor Freight, you should. You have posted here with no indication of your location, and your occupation indicates "makes holes", which is a laborer. Use Chinese tool from now on, but leave the real work to plumbers, pipefitters, and pipelayers who know real tools and know what they are doing.
      The "Dog" has spoken again

RIP Dog.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Is it right, this thread is 10yrs old. Anyhow downunder I once saw a 5' which had a cracked head. Rick, their cheater was a little bigger than yours though. Seems the wrench didnt like the dog chain tied to a D9 Caterpillar. Mind you Ridgid USA air freighted a new one out immediately. Bid arse customer but this was a long time ago mind you when USA were kind hearted.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
          Is it right, this thread is 10yrs old. Anyhow downunder I once saw a 5' which had a cracked head. Rick, their cheater was a little bigger than yours though. Seems the wrench didnt like the dog chain tied to a D9 Caterpillar. Mind you Ridgid USA air freighted a new one out immediately. Bid arse customer but this was a long time ago mind you when USA were kind hearted.

Is it really 10 years old? I do not believe it.

Comment

Working...
          X