No announcement yet.

Yet more sump pump fun....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very good with the plastic bucket and holes you drilled. i do the same thing when i need a temporary pump in a flooded basement or crawl space. there are enough holes to keep the pump running and the holes are small enough to keep out the debris.

so you basically answered your own question. when the pit size is increased, the pump will cycle longer, and less often.

maybe the new pit will take some load off the exisiting pit and allow you to enlarge the old one.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Yet more sump pump fun....

So Rick does not install pedestal pumps? I am starting to wonder if these last longer or were made better?

Comment

I always hated pedistal pumps ..they fall over and are sold at home stores... not what plumbers use... the Zoeller was always a good professional pump...... until...... In Massachusetts we have tons of water.. lots of underground rivers. had a customer next to a pond and she got lots of water in the basement she replaced her two sump pumps yearly.... I told her to get rid of the two pedistals and put in the zoellers which I did... two months later the switch on the first zoeller was not working.... Rick is right... a zoeller has about 4 inches before the pump cycles. I did a lot of research and found the pedistal can cycle closer to 8 to 10 inches... so the pedistal will cycle half the amount of the Zoeller or last twice as long. so now on high volume pump jubs I put in a pedistal but I bring a 2X4 from the floor joist down and secure it with an FM ring

Comment

A sump pump is a small pump installed in the lowest part of a basement or crawlspace. Its job is to help keep the area under the building dry and to prevent it from flood*ing. Usually, sump pumps are installed in specially constructed sump pits. and u useful the sump pump features and carry on
          "Ruhrpumpen.com" Leading Manufacturer Of High Quality Centrifugal Pump

Comment

Working...
          X