This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$99.00 or $107.00????????????????

i don't want to sound stupid, but here goes. what kind of jetter would one expect to get for $99.00 or $107.00 for that matter? not sayin nutin here, just askin, just askin. breid..................

Comment

Re: $99.00 or $107.00????????????????

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
      i don't want to sound stupid, but here goes. what kind of jetter would one expect to get for $99.00 or $107.00 for that matter? not sayin nutin here, just askin, just askin. breid..................
      Hey, back in the day, ebay was the place to go to find ridiculous deals on stuff. Sadly, these days it's flooded with inferior products from Asian countries...
      Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Re: South Coast Equipment?

Rick you got your money back because i called them and said if they didnt that me and the boys from NY would come to there place and fit them for some new shoes
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

they advertised 16 hp electric start with 4gpm 4000# ar pump. 100' hose and reel. along with nozzles and 4 wheel cart.

considering they were selling 100 of them over the weekend period, i figured i would use it for parts if nothing else.

of course they never had 1 unit that was actually available. when the delivery time stated 11-15 days. you figure they are actually in stock.

64 days so far and still waiting

maybe that's why ebay shut them down

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Re: $99.00 or $107.00????????????????

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
            Hey, back in the day, ebay was the place to go to find ridiculous deals on stuff. Sadly, these days it's flooded with inferior products from Asian countries...
            I was looking for a great deal. Wanted a good entry level jetter that would last a job or 2 than move on to something better and better,

If you look at what they sold for. All u needed was one or 2 jobs and the thing would be paid for plus money in the bank.

There are still good deals on ebay. they are just far and few between

Comment

deposited their refund check just before the new years.

today it came back as nsf

$128.19 and they don't have money to cover this check

lets hear their excuse tomorrow when i try calling them.

probably another $25.00 added onto the nsf too

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I tried to warn You Son! Stick with the BRAND. Even My Briefs are Ridgid!
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  deposited their refund check just before the new years.

today it came back as nsf

$128.19 and they don't have money to cover this check

lets hear their excuse tomorrow when i try calling them.

probably another $25.00 added onto the nsf too

rick.
                  I made a purchase on ebay for a garmin nuvi top of the line GPS..several several hundred dollars. The guy was new to ebay but had sold like over a 100 of the units.......no one ever got them. After all the negatives started coming I called paypal and asked for a refund 2 days later and they gave it to me. I did the math and the guy sold over 60 grand worth of gps units and no one ever got one. The guy was an idiot tho.....paypal holds money from new sellers until positive feedback is received or a period of time has passed so I assume everyone got their money back on that one.
                  Overall I can say ebay/paypal has taken care of any problems I have had.

I read the back story on this thread and realize you where giving these people the benefit of the doubt and hung you out to dry. You know if they sold those jetters with no intention to deliver...thats fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    I tried to warn You Son! Stick with the BRAND. Even My Briefs are Ridgid!
                    Son...
                    Who are you calling son youngster?

Comment

south coast=JUNK
                      www.paradiseplumbinganddrains.com

plumber ft. worth dallas plumber fort worth plumber plumber arlington

Comment

Hello Rick, I too have been ripped-off by South Coast Equipment for several thousand dollars...! They played the game of stalling me past the point of credit card cancellation, etc... Anyways, do you have any suggestions for me? Do you know a local attorney that is familiar with these crooks? Did you ever get refunded? Life lessons sure can be rough...

Thanks,
                        Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by CharliEcono View Post
                          Hello Rick, I too have been ripped-off by South Coast Equipment for several thousand dollars...! They played the game of stalling me past the point of credit card cancellation, etc... Anyways, do you have any suggestions for me? Do you know a local attorney that is familiar with these crooks? Did you ever get refunded? Life lessons sure can be rough...

Thanks,
                          Charlie
                          charlie, sorry to hear your experience too. start off calling the sheriffs department. they will tell you it's a civil matter, but see if they will at least document it and ask for some help. they couldn't even help me with the bounced check i had.

also start a complaint with the bbb. i'm not a fan of the bbb. but they did respond to the complaint.

small claims is your last option.

did you get any form of payment?

how long has it been?

what's the excuse?

the owner uses many aliases.

their new ebay operation is out of nevada. same company, just a different ebay name. i would contact ebay and inform them about that company too. maybe they can shut them down too.

sorry. keep us posted to the progress. the more people that read this stuff, the better chance to put them out of business.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

What is the new name? You could PM it to me if that's better....I would like to know...Thanks!!!
                            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Thanks for the heads up..I have been lucky on ebay.Last guy sold me a broken 600 with a destroyed box.I filed a dispute.He called and wanted to know what the deal was. I explained that he needed to credit my money back then The dispute would be settled and to ..I had to pay the return shipping and insurance , and had to be signed for..cost me $80 ..I was so pissed..But did get a refund
                              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I've had a great experience with ebay, never bought anything from SouthCoast though. I was one of the first to sign up for ebay, have one of the original numbers and have a large 100% good rating with them. Everything from plumbing parts to ceiling fans to hedge trimmers no problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X