X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Coast Equipment?

I know this is a ridgid site but does anyone have any honest experience who can offer an honest opinion about sewer camera products offered on e-bay by South Coast Equipment?

I presently need the use of a sewer camera just enough for it to be a major inconvenience when I need one and don't have one. I am very reluctant to purchase a Ridgid or GenEye since based on current demand I estimate it would take probably 2.5 years to pay for itself based on an inspection price of $269.00 (prices seem to range from $200 - $300 in this area).

Now, if Rick would just give up one from his vast collection for a decent price, I would probably go ahead and bite, but since I know his wife won't let him sell off her life insurance like that, I'm left to look into other options.

So, back to Southcoast. Does anyone have any first hand experience? They offer a 512mhz transmitter but I haven't seen any locater to go with it. Does this mean that any locator that operates on 512mhz will locate this transmitter? Is this a standard frequency used by most locators, Ridgid for example?

These cameras seem to be a good bit less expensive than others I have seen but being very leary of purchasing something like this based solely on a picture and manufacturers product description, and being keenly aware of the buyers axioms of "you get what you pay for" and "caviat emptor" I don't want to buy something that is going to dissapoint me in it's quality. So please enlighten me about Southcoast, one way or the other, if you can.

Thanks.

Never heard of South Coast Equipment before but the systems look like something they build themselves. Have you considered the 93502 it is considerable less than some of the other systems, very compact and easy to use.

For the transmitter you should be able to use that with something like the SR-20 it can pick up a wide range of signals but again I have no experience with that transmitter.
    Jay
    Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
    Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Dont buy south coast equipment !!!!

WARNING! WARNING! DONT BUY SOUTH COAST EQUIPMENT I THOUGHT I WOULD SAVE ALOT OF MONEY NOT GOING WITH RIGID CAMERAS AND TRY OUT CAMERAS FROM SOUTH COAST EQUPMENT, I SPENT MORE THEN 7K AND BOUGHT 2 CAMERAS AND THEY FELL APART AFTER A COUPLE OF USES.thats why they dont offer a warranty.

I have a shop of 40 employees, own 11 rigid cameras and they still work today, yes they are expensive but its the only way to go . I learned a big lesson.

Comment

Re: South Coast Equipment?

South coast junk!

Comment

i spoke to them recently about jetter trailers.

either their website is off or the the guy i talked to is clueless.

from what i can tell, it's both.

not sure if it's worth a 1 hour drive to irvine just to educate them about jetters. they are so far off with their specs, it's a joke.

31 hp. gas they claim is good for 16gpm at 3500#

it takes 50.9 gas or 38.4 electric.

so i asked if it was a 2 engine machine and he said no. funny as the specs don't jive and the web site talks about 2 engines and pumps

not impressed either that they advertise 2 for sale on ebay and the fact is they build them to order. nothing is ready to buy and drive

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Crap, Crap, Crapptiy Crap
            sigpic

Comment

I had two first broke on the first job. Ask me I'll tell you they suck. I still have one that half A$$ works
              Rod
              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
              http://unclognh.com
              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

update on southcoast equipment.

they're a bunch of crooks

i fell for a too good to be deal on ebay back on 9/11/10, not only me but 99 others that were buying jetters for $99.00 and up no reserve. i won 1 with a bid at $107.00 plus tax. i was going to pick it up at their shop approx 40 miles away.

they were suppose to be delivered between 7-15 days to the people that paid the $129.00 for shipping. of course i was going to pick mine up. now it's been 61 days and they refuse to take my calls.

ebay has removed their ebay store and listings. based on feedback, none were delivered.

lets see what they have to say when i take them to court.

anyone else in the same boat?

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

wow Rick this is the first time i ever seen you mad about something
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

beyond mad. they don't return calls and when you call they have nothing to say.

basically took my money 61 days ago and have not called to tell me the machine is ready for pickup.

if i get a refund from my cc company, then i basically gave them a 2 month interest free loan. multiply that by the 99 others that are in the same boat.

they never had the product on hand in the first place.

time to take rosie there to sniff out the truth

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

SCE sold nothing but Junk! I had one of their cameras when I started up broke on the first job. They made good on it and the new one was crap too.
                      Sorry you got burnt Rick and to all the others. I took my first ever bid on ebay and lost. Hearing this makes me more nervous to bid on a k60 on ebay being a small company I can't afford a $1000 dollar loss.
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Hey Rick did you get this email.

" Good Afternoon,

This is Sue, with South Coast Equipment. I have finally been able to get this update email out. I apologize for the delay. We appreciate everyone's patience in this matter. We are moving as fast as we can trying to get this equipment out of our building and in your hands. We are going to be shipping out pallets very soon. If at this time you no longer want to wait for your equipment, please let us know via reply to the email and we will refund your money as fast as possible. If you would still like to continue to wait for the product that is not a problem, like I said we do appreciate your patience and we will get you your product out as fast as we can.

The best way for me to help all of you is through email. If you have any questions, concerns, or need further assistance please respond to this email. Include your name and your ebay name with contact information.

Thank you very much
                        Sue
                        South Coast Equipment
                        1-800-688-0081 "

I ordered 2. I have been waiting also. I am getting mad. Will give them til Tueday b4 I go off

Comment

didn't get the email. but i did get a check from them that i picked up today, stating that i broke their rules by not contacting the owner directly and therefore they have refunded my money.

of course that's their way of blowing off the 100 people that have given them a 60 plus day no interest loan.

trying to get the owner to return a call is like asking the president to pick up. they never make the call except at the beginning to ask for a credit card payment on a sunday.

the owner is either never there and the one time i actually did talk to him was after several attempts were made to contact him, he returned my call. of course the 45 days - 60 days he assured me have come and gone. of course he sweet talked me into waiting and dropping my claim with ebay. and of course after 60 days you have no recourse with your credit card company. he knows how to play the game.

lets see how he plays in court

all i can say is i'm not the only one that was used for a loan.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

That's why I stay away from lesser known brands - especially on ebay.
                            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Thats why I by from a known sewer equipment supplier. Yes I may pay more than what you won the bid on Ebay, but I know I will get my product and good service.

Sorry you guys have to go through this though. I seen their Ebay auctions, they flooded Ebay with them. Just their layout and the way the flooded Ebay with them made me think they where a shady company.

I wish you all luck in getting what you paid for or getting your money back.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                              X