X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime is Lifetime--no ands if or buts

Big talk but a lot to live up to. Craftsman, SK, those walk the walk.

Stardrilling,

How should we handle warranty claims without recieving the tool before we send out a new one. you say that Craftsman and SK walk the walk. Do they ship new tools to their customers sight unseen on a warranty claim?

You seem very dissapointed with our service... What would an acceptable resolution be to this situation. Realize we cant just send out product based on someone telling us their tool is broken. If we did this it would open the door wide open for people multiplying their single purchase into multiple free tools. We have to inspect the tool, not just for the claim but we need to make sure we keep track of if the tool didnt live up to our standards.

Josh

Comment

RIDGID has not denied warranty, we have just requested to see the tool. Neither Craftsman nor SK would jut send a $300 wrench just because you have a broken wrench.

Comment

question

How the heck do you break a 60" wrench. We have pushed on our 60 with a backhoe regularly. Have yet to bend it yet.

Don't worry ridgid if I break it I won't expect a warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Stardrilling
          Big talk but a lot to live up to. Craftsman, SK, those walk the walk.
          its not that simple as you wanted it to be..

Comment

Sears does not walk the walk as you put it. A couple years ago they updated thier computer system and not all tools that had lifetime warrenties do now. I have a Craftsman torque wrench and bolt cutters that were lifetime when I bought them. The newer models are 90 days. They refused to replace mine when broken because I do not have the original package that says lifetime on it and thier computers do not have the older model # in them to show the age and warrenty.

Comment

StarDrilling,

In addition to things changing at Sears, you might note that neither Sears, Snap-on, or anyone else that I have known has ever replaced a tool just on the customer's say-so. You always have to give them the tool that failed!

But wait, isn't that what Ridgid is asking you to do; just return the damaged tool and they'll replace it? So, "Walking the Talk" is no different between any of the companies you mentioned, including Ridgid.

But you're refusing! So, I guess the only one not living up to the "agreement" is you.

CWS
              Last edited by CWSmith; 08-06-2006, 06:11 PM.

Comment

CWS, It's Walk the Walk and Talk the Talk.

Comment

Someguy,

Where did that come from and what exactly does it mean? Perhaps It's possible that I learned a local revision of that phase. In our TQM we referred to it as "Walk the Talk" or "Walking the Talk" which meant, "Don't just say you're going to do it, but actually put into practice"

But I do appreciate the update, if everyone else knows it as "Walk the Walk and Talk the Talk", then my version must sound a bit stupid.

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

Walk the Walk is to prove you can do it. Talk the talk is to prove you know it. I guess Walk the Talk could be to do what you say you can. LOL

Comment

Walk the walk

CWS:
                      It is indeed Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk. Unfortunately, TQM people and a lot of other so-called "experts" or "consultants" from the X and Y Gen, who thought they knew EVERYTHING (when in fact they were so dumb, they didn't know exactly how dumb they were) bastardized (hope use of that word doesn't get x-ed out) the phrase to become the illegitimate version "Walk the Talk." It is supposed to mean that you do what you say you're going to do. In business parlance, however, it just shows how dumb you are that you can't get the phrase correct. One could go on forever with these bastardized statements, because there's a whole host of them that have sauntered their way into bizspeak. BTW, do you know the definition of a consultant? It is somebody who comes from more than 100 miles away and has slides (or a power point presentation). Take care.
                      Jim Don

Comment

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who thought TQM was/is a big expensive joke. ISO runs a very close second IMO.
                        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                        X