Bath gurgles through overflow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bath gurgles through overflow

I am in the process of installing a bubble tub that holds 55 gallons. All the pvc pipe is 2" including the p-trap. When draining, the tub gurgles from the fill line untill the last drop drains out. The drain runs 12'-0" horizonally and is pitched 1 1/2 " overall. I have moved the 2" vent from 2" ,18" and 60" from the p- trap withe the same result. I need to fix this before I drywall . Any suggestions?
    Last edited by stumped; 07-31-2006, 12:30 PM.

Originally posted by stumped
    I am in the process of installing a bubble tub that holds 55 gallons. All the pvc pipe is 2" including the p-trap. When draining, the tub gurgles from the fill line untill the last drop drains out. The drain runs 12'-0" horizonally and is pitched 1 1/2 " overall. I have moved the 2" vent from 2" ,18" and 60" from the p- trap withe the same result. I need to fix this before I drywall . Any suggestions?
    Hire a plumber. It sounds like it isn't roughed in correctly.
    the dog

Comment

Originally posted by stumped
      I'm with Dog it seems like you may not have roughed the tub in correctly. The trap and trap arm should have been 1 1/2" and had 3" of fall in 12'. Without seeing photos of your rough-in I don't think you will get much help here.

Good luck-Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Stumped..can you post a photo of the vent configuration? I experienced a similar problem with a basement slop sink (gurgling) and corrected the problem by venting the sink. Fortunately, when my house was built 85 years ago, someone, probably the contractor, had the foresight to install an extra 2inch vent from the roof to the basement. A few pieces of cast iron and banded couplings and no more annoying sounds.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
        X